Chapter 1: Blind Date

Go Ah Sung was prepared in her room wearing a best outfit to look pretty over herself and spray the perfume in the whole room until it's smell causing her giddiness. She cough out the annoying smell and put the small bottle on the table again. She fixed her hair for a last time and get ready with her shoe. And there an old lady ready to bid her daughter for a new blind date project.

"My beautiful daughter Ah Sung, I pray the best for you baby. Whatever the result later, good luck. Don't comeback home with frown on your pretty face. You got it right?" The old lady advice with a hug for  her daughter from behind.

"I've got it, Mrs Lee. I'll go now. Bye bye" Ah Sung shows a wave hand to her mother, a wide smile of a daughter not forgotten for her beloved mother. Later on, she continue walking to a small cafe, getting ready for her new blind date.

In the other place; at the same time, there's a man rushed getting wheeled in the emergency room, the doctors was all running towards him; doing everything they can to save the patient. As the pulse going slow and later on it's going noisy. The more longer noisy left, the more mad the doctors working to bring the man back alive.

"One, two, three, stay away from him" and with that shout, the doctor press its button and the pulse of the dead man being alive again. All of the doctors sighed in relief; the patient least survive now.  Any one of them start to leave the man bed and left only one doctor there.

"Hongki ya, you need to be alive. This is your last chance. Please take care yourself. Please at least pay for what your step father done" a whisper voice bring a message for the lying man. And later on, the nurses the one who take care of him; the doctor handed the task to them and take a leave. Few seconds later, the fingers slowly; not even noticeable, moving alongside with his tear that flowing from his eye corner; like a thank you words uttered; but in sign language. Without a second needed, he lost the conscious again.

Ah Sung smile for all the time while having a small chat with the blind date man; asking his name, where he is from, what he doing for living, his age, birthday and whatsoever it are. Few minutes of simple chats, Ah Sung, with a whole courage, ready to asking him all her wanted questions.

"Hey, can I ask you more? It's sounds personal but, you can answer right?" Asking Ah Sung, with polite and beware in every words uttered.

"Yes what it are? Don't worry. I don't eat humans" the man sipped his coffee and gave out a sarcastic laugh.  Ah Sung try to cover her shaken self with a nervous laugh. She took a deep breath and let go.

"Do you drink? I mean alcohol? Do you smoke? And do you hit people? Mostly when you in relationship? Because I don't like those kind of people" Ah Sung ask all the questions in one go and touch her chest; out of breath like rapping. The man was drinking her coffee while the questions asked nearly to throw it back out; somehow shock with Ah Sung questions.

"Wh.. what you asking me?" The man literally stutter.

"You've heard me well. Please answer it" plea Ah Sung. But later on the man get off his sit and get ready to leave. But before that, he left the money for her to pay.

"If that the conditions you said in our chat room, you better find an old man. You are sick"  shout the man before left her ashamed.  All eyes turn to only her. She turn her head down and bring on her purse together with her.

"Again, for 29th, I'm failed" whisper a slow voice of her. She take out her medicine kit and drank it with her water bottle; brought from her house. She sighed, put the water bottle away, she bring out the diary, line off the Nam Joo Hyun name away.

"I was though he's a perfect man for me. Even so I'm in early lung cancer, it's can move even faster. I want to be with a man before I could go" Ah Sung sighed for another time. Her mind going messed due to failed mission again today.  And few steps moving, she grabbed a cab and ride for home.

As the night came hit all humans being, a silent night in the hospital shows a room with a man laying there, the finger moving again.  And the nurse in charge running out to calling the higher ups medics.

"Congrats Hongki Sshi, you survived. At least again" the doctor congratulated his friend. Sound so annoying as a friend but the sick man could only let out a giggle. He's just too tired to let out a voice.

"Get a proper rest. If you well enough tomorrow, you can discharge right away. You hate staying here for too long is it?" Ask the doctor. He's teasing Hongki. He scoffed, again he's annoyed. He just nodded his head slow with a smile on. With a few pat on Hongki hand, he left Hongki alone. Hongki sighed, he's now alone again. Like he was few hours back.

'I can't believe he got me again.  I though I was strong enough to run last night, if I was even a second late, I would done for sure' his mind messed, he keep thinking with all the tragedy. He wanted to cry right now. But he's too tired to let out the tears. Even a small sobbing. He stared the ceiling. He keep giving few courage words to send some strength to himself back.  After feeling bored of what he's been doing, he just decide to sleep back. Hoping tomorrow he will be alright again.
..
24/9/18