Angel of Darkness

Prolouge

Pain was all I felt. A surging feeling inside of me slowly burning up my body from within. I could taste the sour taste of betrayal. My heart shattering into a million broken pieces.

A kiss. One kiss ruined my whole life. He was my whole life and yet he did not care. Sebastian the hottest fay in my fathers palace. My boyfrend, or now my ex. I should have known that I was anoher conquest. The ultimate prize, the fay king's only child and the heir to the throne. Often I had wished that I had a normal life, yet I knew that was not to be. Now I became just another girl with a broken heart that would scar for life.

Often I had heard these stories about Seb but never put a thought to them. He was a perfect gentleman around me. What he hid from me was everything. He was a cruel man aiming only for riches and great fortune. In fact so was my best friend, and ... his lover.

I should have seen the signs plain for me to see. I never got a thing from him, while she got everything. His kiss, body, mind ,and soul. I knew Victoria since I was just a toddler. Our mothers used to take us on walks together, on warm summer afternoons. She was always there for me in my times of need as I was for her. She broke my trust though. She loved him more then our friendship.

Once my father heard of this he exiled them as far as he could. Our kingdom existed in a paralel reality with the kingdom of the Dunes. They were like us and yet different. Our two kingdoms were exact opposites of each other. 

The kingdom rejoiced at the news of exile for I was greatly beloved by all. My kind and warm hearted   spirit attracted all kind of people to lised and ask for advice. Sebastian and Victoria hurt me and immedietly their popularity dissapered.

It was a pity though that I only realised the truth when I saw a kiss. The one that shattered me completley. 

I walked into her room a I always did, without a warning. There on her bed was Sebatian kissing her as if she was the last person in our kingdom. There was no love, just lust and greed which drove them together. Victorias diary further prooved this and also revealed the shocking plan they had in mind. Once Sebastian asked me to marry he would have been given the power as king. He planned to exile me and make my ex best friend his bride.

That day broke me. I have never been the same since. My heart was still open for all who sought help, and jet no real smile ever again appared on my face again.

Sapphire's POV

Sunlight slowly swept across my face, waking me from the deepest of my dreams. Curtains gently waving in the soft gentle wind.

Streching I got up and slowly walked into my walkin closet. Hundreds of beautiful gowns and dresses surrounded me, and yet this did not draw my ever wavering attention. At least today I had a reason for that. The royal family of the Dunes was coming to sing a peace treaty between the two kingdoms.

 The war waging for centuries was finally upon it's end. Hatred would still seperate us but no more souls would have to die for a pointless cause. This event should have been exiting and full of happines for me and yet my heart was still broken. It had been a whole year since Sebastian broke it and I did not have the strength to heal it.

I picked a sky blue dress reaching to the ground. It was designed to look as the one shouldered dress greek goddeses used to wear. My long wavy blonde hair fell freely down my back and my face. A barrier seperating me from the cruel world outside.

Moving I walked to my wooden oak doors and headed down for breakfest. The peace treaty would no doubt be stressful and I would not like to faint in the middle of it. Additionally Martha, the palace cook, made the best bacon and eggs you would ever eat. No one could say no to them once they tried.