Chapter 1

Hello,My name is Madison Bontempo and I'm the mother of 2 kids or was the the mother of 2 kids.
My oldest child,Nathan,drowned in the river after being pulled under the water by a current.
My husband,Daniel,passed away while trying to save Nathan from drowning which caused him to drown as well but Daniel was rushed to the hospital having trouble breathing and he passed away in his hospital bed a few hours later with my daughter,Elle,laying beside him.
Nathan was supposed to turn 10 this year and Daniel was supposed to turn 35 this year.
Elle was 3 when it happened and she just turned 4 last weekend.
She has been in therapy since they passed away and she hasn't been the same.
She doesn't laugh,she doesn't play,she doesn't talk often,and she doesn't eat much.
She's totally different than how she was before the incident happened.
She used to be so bubbly and happy,she used to giggle all the time and run around the yard in her princess dress that she begged her father and I to get her for weeks.
We got it for her about 2 months before the incident and she wore it everyday when she wasn't at school,she even tried to wear it to school a few times.
One minute she was this happy little girl and the next minute she was somewhat depressed.
She has been in therapy since they passed away and it hasn't helped much.
Therapy helps a little bit so that's why I've kept sending her there.
I haven't told Elle yet but she as he to move because of my job and she's going to have a new babysitter because we're moving acrossed the United States.
I haven't found a house yet my boss is looking for a 2 bedroom house for Elle and I around Los Angeles,California because that's where my office is going to be.
For now we are going to be staying at a hotel once we get to California.
We are leaving for California tomorrow night and I have to finishing packing up our main stuff and all of Elle's clothes except for her pajamas and her outfit for tomorrow so that she has something to wear on the plane.
Elle just got home from school and she started to head upstairs with her book bag while looking down.
I calmly said her name and she looked up at me.
Madison-We need to talk.
She nodded and walked over to me before sitting down in a chair across from me.
Madison-Honey,we're moving.
Elle-No.
Elle was angry and she went upstairs.
I heard her bedroom door slam shut and I heard her crying.
I hate making her move to a different state but we need the extra money.

Next Morning.

I just woke up and decided to get Elle up for her last day of school in Ohio and to finish loading our boxes onto the moving truck.
Elle got up and got ready while ignoring me.
After she finished getting ready I gave her a poptart and sent her out to the bus stop which is two houses down the street plus I know everyone in this neighbourhood because I grew up around here.
I was 5 when I moved into this neighbourhood but I'm originally from California and my cousin Savannah lives there with her boyfriend,Cole,and her daughter,Everleigh.
Elle loves Everleigh and they usually do everything together when Savannah brings Everleigh and Cole to Ohio for summer vacations.
I've taken Nathan and Elle to California but they wouldn't remember because Nathan was 3 and Elle was only a year old.
This will be the first we've seen Sav,Ever,and Cole since the incident last year.
They are picking us up from the airport when we land tomorrow morning.

A Few Hours Later.

Elle had been home from school for a while and we went to McDonald's for dinner because the food,pots,pans,plates,and silverware are all packed away.
We just got home from McDonald's and Elle just went to shower and get ready for bed while I did the same.
After we were ready for bed we got in our sleeping bags on the living room floor because our beds and furniture are already packed away.

Next Morning.

I just woke Elle up and we are folding up our sleeping bags and putting them into the truck.
We combed our hair and I put them in messy buns.
I left out hoodies for Elle and I to wear today over the tank tops we slept in.
We slept in black leggings so all we have to do is grab our travel bags at the front door,and put on our shoes.