SG1: She's Really Cute

When Dylan Wang first saw Shen Yue, he thought she was rather plain. She was this thin sulky girl on the corner of the room. She looked like she didn’t want to be there and she poked and pressed on her phone like it was nobody’s business. It was so awkward, because Dylan was supposed to work with this girl for four straight months at least.

“Hey, hey. Look at Shen Yue.” Xize called for their attention. They were all inside a waiting area, passing time before they had to be called for script reading prior to shooting.

There were a few people in the room. All their road managers were gathered around the table, talking about something. The four of them, Chen Kuan Hong or Darren Chen, Liang Jing Kang or Connor Leong, Wu Xize or Caesar Wu, and him Wang He Di or Dylan Wang, were settled on the sofas near the door.

But Shen Yue was all alone in a leather armchair near the window.

When they all got here, she was already on the chair, typing away on her phone. She nodded at them when they entered the room, but after that they were ignored.

“What’s up with her? Is she a snob or something?” Dylan couldn’t help but ask. He arched his eyebrows towards Shen Yue’s direction. If he’s going to have to work with this girl and she keeps this up, he assumed they will have problems.

“I guess she’s tired.” Kuan Hong said, looking her way. “Oh look!” He pointed silently.

They all turned to look at her. She was silently dozing off, her right hand propping her head up.

“She’s pretty cute, isn’t it?” Liang Jing Kang commented.

All three of them looked at him, puzzled.

“You like her?” Xize exclaimed, bewildered.

“What? No. I was just observing her.” Liang Jing Kang deadpanned. “Don’t you think she’s cute? She’s so little.”

“Yeah, she’s so small.” Kuan Hong laughed. “She’d look like a kid next to us, especially to you, man.” He pointed at Dylan.

“Yeah. You’d be doing lots of scenes with her.” Xize said to Dylan.

“I don’t know if that would suck or not.” Dylan sighed.

The four of them dropped the topic of Shen Yue at the same time. They talked about the most random things: basketball, Liang Jing Kang’s shoes, their road managers, and the script.

But Dylan’s eyes would occasionally dart from Shen Yue’s location to the other three. She really had to be tired, seeing as she was already knocked out on the chair. This time, she wasn’t pretending to be awake by propping her head up. Now, she was lying across the armchair, with her head on one arm rest and both her legs on the other, fast asleep.

Her arms were folded on top of her chest, and Dylan could see that she was slightly shivering. He hadn’t noticed before, but her face was also kind of pale.

Dylan was about to say something when Shen Yue’s road manager got up from the table, pulled a blanket from one of the bags, then wrapped Shen Yue in it. She was awaken by that motion from her road manager, but her road manager just whispered something to her then she fell back asleep.

Soon, all the road managers went to their place on the sofas.

“Hey guys, do you want to grab something to eat? They said script reading won’t start until two hours later.” Kuan Hong’s road manager said.

All at once, the other three started to speak, mentioning restaurants around the place and food they should order. But Dylan’s eyes immediately searched for Shen Yue. And true to his hunch, the noise was bugging her sleep. Her brows were scrunched, and she was clutching her blanket closer.