A Happy Accident

Chapter 1:  Chris’ Point of View

        “Damnit, Carlo!” I shouted playfully as I pushed him away. “You ate my late chocolate chip cookie?”

            “Ha-ha, no way!” Carlo denied as he shoved the McDonald’s chocolate chip cookie into his mouth.  I gave him a hostile squint, but I went no further; it ‘s not worth getting into a brawl over a cookie. I looked into the paper McDonalds bag to see the usual: a number #1, a Coca-Cola, and 3 chocolate chip cookies… well, until Carlo ate one… I quickly grabbed my burger, I knew Carlo wouldn’t take it, but you always have to have those extra precautions. It became quiet as we both began eating our midnight burgers.

            “So, have you filmed an “In Real Life” video yet?” I teased, trying to break the silence in the room.

            “Shut up, Chris!” He said, laughing.  Carlo always plans on filming his “In Real Life” videos, but never actually does it. Don’t even get me started on trying to get him to clean his room! I finally took my last sip of Coke, and began to throw my trash into the paper McDonald’s bag. Carlo was already slugging into his room, leaving his trash behind, and slammed his door shut. I gave a little sigh, and grabbed his garbage as well. As I was disposing the trash, I heard a whine coming from my room. Of course, it was my dog, Sparky. I ran into the room to find her scratching on the door.

            “Bad girl, Sparky!” I scolded. She knows she’s not supposed to have this type of behavior. But then I remembered, I hadn’t taken her out that day… or fed her.

                                                                                                                                                                                                Chapter 2: Carlo’s Point of View

            “Got the goods?” I ask with a smile on my face.

            “Oh, yeah I do!” He said, holding up the McDonalds bag in his hand. He tosses me my burger, chocolate chip cookies, and places my drink on the dining table. He sets his meal on the counter, and goes to the sink to wash his hands. I glance over at his food: a #1, 3 chocolate chip cookies, and a Coke. He always orders the same thing every time we do one of our “Midnight Runs”. I stare longingly at his delectable chocolate chip cookies. I could really go for another one. I glance behind me to see if he’s paying attention, and lucky for me, he’s not. I quickly swipe a cookie from his stash, and store it under my shirt, hoping he wont see.  As he returns, I take a sip of my drink, and start to unwrap my burger. He, on the other hand dove straight for the cookies.

            “Damnit, Carlo!” he shouted with a playful tone. “You ate my last chocolate chip cookie?”