Halloween

Todoroki's P.O.V

The floor vibrates as the booming music blasts over the speakers. My head pounds to the beat of the song. I hate this, but I have to push through. Midoriya asked me to the Halloween dance and I couldn't say no. His smile fills me with butterflies. His eyes enchant me like a spell. His laughter is music to my ears. I love him dearly yet I'm scared to tell him.

I look up from my phone to Midoriya making his way towards me. He shines his adorable smile. "Hey, Todoroki? Do you want to dance with me?" He asks, his face turning noticeably red. I give him a small smile and take his hand. Suddenly, I am dragged to the dance floor as Ghostbusters comes on. I watch as Midoriya moves his body to the beat, his hips swaying enticingly. I smile gently and join in.

Midoriya's P.O.V

I feel Todoroki's eyes on me as I dance to the music. He has a small but gentle smile on his face. The smile I fell in love with when I first saw it. It's a rare yet beautiful site. It sends a warm feeling to my heart and I feel giddy.

Suddenly, I hear a voice from behind me, "Ba na-na-na-na-na Ghostbusters!" I'm immediately tackled and pulled into a side hug by the one-and-only Kirishima. I laugh as he ruffles my hair, leaving to give Kaminari the same treatment.

Time Skip; After the Dance

Red and blonde blurs run in front of me in the courtyard, causing me to halt. Looking at the situation, I can see Kacchan chasing Kirishima for some reason, most likely dumb.

"Give it back, shitty hair! I need my phone, dickhead!" Kacchan shouts while slowly catching up with Kirishima.

"No! I wanna scroll through your photos!" Kirishima replies with his goofy grin. I feel Kacchan's rage, knowing Kirishima is dead. "Oh shit! I didn't know you took selfies of yourself like this!" Kirishima shouts, suddenly stopping and browsing the photos. I turn around, not wanting to witness the horrid acts Kacchan may inflict on Kirishima. I see Todoroki there, watching the horror unfold.

"It was nice knowing Kirishima," he joked. I chuckle slightly, though I know that he will most likely be killed tonight. I look up at Todoroki and my heart melts at his beautiful eyes.

"Hey, I wanted to talk to you. Would you mind coming with me?" Todoroki asks, visibly getting nervous. I nod and follow him to a bench at the end of the courtyard. I often come to this spot to breathe. There is a cherry blossom tree near the bench and in the spring, the view is breathtaking.

He sighs, catching my attention. I look up at him, encouraging him to continue. "I'm just going to say this. I have liked you for a while now. I just-I couldn't wait any longer. You are so beautiful and I can't stop my urge to hold you close and protect you. I want to protect your smile. I want to be there for everything. So, will you be my boyfriend?" I stand there in awe for a moment. There were no words for this moment. Everything that I want to say is jumbled.

My silence must have scared him as I could see the sadness welling up in his eyes. Panicking, I do the only thing my mind can think of - I kiss him. His stiff and shocked face soon softens as he melts into the kiss. We pull away, holding each other close.

"Yes," I answer. "I will be your boyfriend.

Edited March 2021

Edited January 2022