Somebody To You - Fanfict

It was a school tradition that on the last day of senior class threw a barbecue for all of us. Since there was no school social event that wasn't taken over by the grade A bitch of Bentrict High, Reynie Cohen I planned to miss it. But Julie and Kate wanted to go and they forced me to.

"Common Meg, we both are going and this will be the last time we can say good bye to all the things we hate here. Plus, I heard Nick is going to come". Julie said to me, holding a folder full of paper that are probably useless by now as all three of us were walking home form school. "Yeah, Meg think about how much fun were gonna have." Kate added, looking at me while pouting her long skinny face.

"Okay, first of all, Nick was my old, long forgotten crush from a billion years ago" I said looking a Julie with a straight face. "Second of all, I'll think about it if you guys would stop begging me too".

Julie and Kate were overjoyed after I said this because it is very hard for me to go to a party or any social events especially when Reynie is attending. She hates me to the core of her small, little heart. I don't know why but she has always hated me since I first step foot in this high school. She would do everything in her power to humiliate me at the worst way possible when ever she has a chance and a party would be the best time. As always no popular girl would live without her allies, Reynie's were Dyana and Lauren, which of course, followed her everywhere she went and they are always wearing the trendy clothing but I just stick with what I like.

I got to my house first as my house was the nearest. I waved at Julie and Kate as they were walking the long narrow path to theirs house that weren't very far from my house, Julies house is a few houses away from mine and Kate's is opposite Julies right side neighbour. I got into the house and scream, "I'm home" but not that loud, not wanting to startle anyone. As usual, no reply. Not that I was expecting one. I went straight to the kitchen and grabbed an apple on the counter. I bite in to it, tasting the sweet, crunchiness of the newly bought apple. Then I went upstairs to go up to my room which was opposite my annoying 13 year old little brother. 

My soft bed against my aching back was the best feeling ever at that time. I was about to rest my eyes when I felt a vibration in the pocket of my jeans, I checked it while squinting my eyes as the screen was bright. Mom was calling, so I answer.

"Hey, Meg what are you doing? I might be back late tonight, I left 20$ on the living room table, order some pizza or something and don't forget, take care of your little brother, he'll be coming back any time soon" My mom said frantically but with a soft toned of voice. Her soft soothing voice could calm even the most  frantic and/ or stressed out person.

I sighed "Okay mom, Be careful. Love you" I replied and the call ended. This happens a lot because she is always busy in the office and I understand that, she is a single and brave mother. She took us in when dad left us just like that. I was very young at that time so I couldn't understand. 

I dozed off right after the short phone call from mom.

 I woke up to the song Backseat Serande by All Time Low (one of my favorite bands), which is my ring tone. It was Kate so I answered.

"Hey Meg, have you decided yet because Julie and I want to go to the mall to pick out our outfit." She started the conversation and I replied, "Okay then. I'll go, in one condition we'll go shopping tomorrow, okay?". "Okay, see you tomorrow then." She said and hung up.

I checked my clock that is placed on my bedside table next to my small stack of books that I've recently read. I gasped as it was 5.30 pm and my little brother, Alex arrived about an hour ago. He must be waiting outside alone, I thought to myself as I rushed down the flight of stairs and opened the door when I reached it. I saw Alex waiting outside on the steps, probably starving. 

He looked behind to find me gasping for air as I lean on the wide open door. "You''re late, one hour late. Where have you been?" He snapped at me. "I fell asleep, sorry. Why didn't you just call me, I would have woken up.?" "My phone died, I didn't have time to charge it last night." He replied why waving his dark screened phone to my face and taking his first step inside.

"Want some pizza? Mom's coming home late." I said t him as I took the 20 dollar bill under a box on the coffee table inside of the living room, just like mom said. He nodded in agreement so I took my phone and called Domino's pizza. We ate pizza while watching some movies before sleeping without any phone call or any other distraction. It was probably the best sleep I've gotten in forever. Without any phone call or any other distraction. It was probably the best sleep I've gotten in forever.