Chapter 1

It all started when you moved in next door. I saw you unpacking and you met my eyes and for a second I was paralyzed. We looked at each other longingly until I was interrupted by my older sister Kayla coming in my room with her boyfriend, Sean. "Do you want to go to the movies with us tonight?" Kayla asked. "No thanks, I think that I just want to stay in tonight, if that's alright". I said quickly, enough to make her worry about me. "You need to get out more, you're becoming an introvert since he left". I shrugged. It's true, I haven't been outside much since Connor broke up with me.

Flashback
Connor was walking me home, when he stopped me at the most romantic place in town. Where we had our first date. He stopped me and told me that he wanted to break up and went on explaining why he's breaking up with me or maybe something else. I don't know, after he said those four little words, my world broke, I was so lost in my mind that I couldn't hear him anymore. I guess I was wanting for he to say that he was kidding and take it all back or looked for a hidden camera to see if it was like that show on tv. But nothing, this is for real. My face is covered in tears and he looks sadistic. How could I have spent the last two years of my life on a guy who I thought that loved me. Who wouldn't even shed a tear. How could I? How could I've believe him when he told me he loved me? How could I not realize that I was wasting my time with him. "Two years"! I shouted. "Two freaking years". He was shocked because I have never risen my voice before. "Two years that I wasted on you! How could you tell me you loved me!" I screamed. "What did I do wrong?" I went from screaming to sobbing. He tried to hug me, but I shrugged him off and ran back home.

Present
"SPENCER"! My mom yelled from downstairs. I come racing down the stairs almost tripping in the process because I thought that someone was hurt or I was in trouble. "Yes?" I said nervously. "Can you take this welcome basket over to our new neighbors." She asked, but really she told. "Sure, mom" I said with relief. I go back upstairs and change out of my pajamas and into something cute. On my way over to next door, I saw my ex Connor talking with the boy next door. I tried to turn back, but the boy next door screamed "Hey you, come here!" I tried to think of a way out of this awkward moment, but I couldn't think of anything. I walked up to them nervously with the basket still in my hand. The boy next door said "Hey, my name is Shane."