Jack Gilinsky Imagine 2

"Hey you," Jack says in a deep, raspy voice on the other line of the phone. You can't help but melt."Hi! Are you going to Cam's later? I guess all the boys will be there, I don't know what they plan on doing though," you say, hoping and praying he'll say that he goes. Jack has always been there for you, I mean, you guys have been best friends for years. You could trust him with anything and everything, and he was very protective of you, which at times, got a little too overwhelming. "Ehh, I'm not really feeling it. I was hoping to hang with you, but I'll see you there I guess?" he responds. Yes! "Alright, well I'm leaving at 8, so meet me there at some time around that. See you!" You have to admit, you've had feelings for Jack ever since you guys became close. But he didn't seem into you, or at least he was too protective of you and you never really thought he liked you in a 'more than friends' type of way. Get your head straight, Emily. You go over to your closet, throwing on a maroon, loose short-sleeved shirt with dark grey shorts and a pair of old, black converse. You don't really mind your appearance, being pretty comfortable with yourself. Quickly brushing through your hair, you skip the makeup and rush to grab your phone from its charger, slipping it into your back pocket and heading downstairs. "Anddrrrewww, can you please take me to Cameron's?!" You yell for your brother. He agrees, and both of you get into the car.

After several minutes, you arrive at Cam's, seeing that no other cars are there, you realize you're the first. "Hey, don't do anything stupid," Andrew states harshly, throwing you off guard. "Chill, I'm just hanging out with some friends. Thanks for the ride!" You close the passenger side door and walk up to the front door. Shit, I really hope this won't be awk- "EMILY!" Cameron yells, scaring you a bit. "Aha, hi Cam, I missed you!" "I know, come on," he replies, taking you by the hand and leading you inside his house. You didn't feel too uncomfortable, I mean then again, you've known Cameron, not as long as Jack, but long enough to know he wouldn't try to force you to do anything you didn't want to do. Cameron speaks, snapping you out of your thoughts. "You're early, I'm still getting ready, you can sit there if you'd like," he says, pointing to the dark leather love seat. "Oh, yeah, okay I'll wait here," you reply. "Cool." Stop being so fucking awkward.

~10 minutes later~ "Did you miss me?" Cameron says in a smart tone, sliding into the other seat of the love seat, making you blush for some reason. "Um, ye-yeah a little aha." "Like my new place? It's pretty awesome living with one of your best friends, like Nash, but it gets lonely, ya know?" Cameron gives you a smirk, and you can't help but look at him. "Yeah, it's really nice, actually." You look away from Cam, but he still has his eyes on you. He seems so relaxed, but you on the other hand, are an emotional mess on the inside. I like Cam, but not as much as I do Jack. Shit, I hope he doesn't get mixed signals. After a while of small talk, Cameron puts his arm around your shoulder, pulling you closer into him. You don't mind, Cam's body heat radiates off of him and onto you, calming your nerves. "So, um, when are the rest of the guys coming? It's been a while and no one's showed up," you say, breaking the silence. "Johnson just texted me saying that they're on their way, so they'll be here in a few." Cameron smiles, and it makes your heart flutter. You nod. What the hell is going on? Cam slowly moves his hand from the love seat to your thigh, casually. Ugh, why do I not mind this?! "Oh, I never asked you about what happened with Ja-" "Whoaaa, what? I should just leave you two alone, looks like you're busy," Jack says extremely angry, which makes you jump and get out of Cameron's hold. Jack doesn't even give you a chance to respond, and he quickly stomps out of the house and leaves, leaving the rest of the boys there with you and Cam. "Emily, I'm really sorry it-" "Just forget it Cam, and guys, I know it looked bad, but nothing was going on," you say desperately to the boys, embarrassed of what just happened. A couple 'yeah's' and 'ok's' come from them. "Taylor, pick out a scary movie, and Aaron, if you guys want something to eat there's snacks in the pantry," Cameron tells a few of the boys. The rest of the night consisted of "The Conjuring", popcorn, pop, and laughs, helping you forget the incident with Jack. A while later you text Jack, feeling sorry that he's probably alone, and pissed off.