1. The plan

After the bus accident the whole system in the school changed. Damian, Janis, Cady and the plastics became one big group. Janis and Cady got along just like they used to, Damian and Regina could talk endlessly about Queer Eye, and Gretchen and Karen were closer than ever before. Damian knew about the giant crush Janis has on Cady. She's been non-stop talking about it for a year now, but she's too afraid to make the first move and Damian hasn't been able to change that. He has tried everything and ,even though he is a positive spirit, he is not sure if it's gonna work out. At least, until he accidentally told Regina about it. He promised he wouldn't tell anyone, but it just slipped out.

But, lucky for Damian, Regina has been shipping them for the longest time. And Regina happened to know a few things that could help them getting Cady and Janis together. They planned for weeks and weeks for the perfect plan. Since both Cady and Janis are the most oblivious people ever, Damian and Regina had to make everything perfect.

The whole friendgroup wanted to celebrate new years together. Damian came with the idea to all bring a date, initially to be able to bring Phillip (who ended up accepting his edible arrangements and they started dating ever since), but it ended up also being perfect for Damian and Regina's plan. They know that Janis only has eyes for Cady and that Cady only has eyes for Janis. The only thing they had to do was to make them realise their feelings were mutual.

They set up a picknick with Cady, Janis and Damian, like the old days. Cady and Janis had no clue Regina was involved in this too, but she was the one who came up with this plan.
"Okay Damian, listen up. I think I have the perfect plan." She said. Damian got closer to her so no one else would hear. "A picknick. With you, Janis and Cady. I know that nothings gonna happen if you're with them, but what if you cancel last minute? You can say you're sick convince Janis to still go and I'll convince Cady to still go. They'll be alone and with us motivating them to take the first step, there's nothing to limit them." Damian has never smiled bigger. He can't show too much happiness, because Janis and Cady were sitting at the same table, but he wanted to scream. This was perfect.

Damian asked Janis and Cady out for a picknick and they were excited. Damian was getting texts from Janis talking about what she was gonna wear. And Regina was getting texts from Cady talking about that she was feeling weirdly nervous about this entire picknick thingy.

The day of the picknick has arrived. The picknick was planned at 1 pm. At 10:30 am Damian facetimes Janis to let her know he's 'sick' and won't be at the party. Regina came over to help him look as sick as possible with makeup. Luckily Regina has a lighter skincolor than Damian, so just a thin layer of foundation did the job. Janis picked up her phone and already was in panic mode.
"Damian oh my god, I'm so happy you're up. Ok what looks better, this jacket or this jacket?" Janis showed him her two favorite jackets. This was Damians moment to show what all those years of acting classes got him. "The first one i guess.." he said. He put on his sick face in the hope that Janis would notice that something is wrong. And she did.
"What's wrong Damian? You don't look so well and you sound a little sick too." She asked in a worried voice.
"I really don't feel well.. i've already thrown up 2 times this morning, but I don't want to cancel on you guys." He said.
"Oh my sweet boy you should stay at home. Get some rest!" Janis said. Exactly the response that Damian wanted.
"Are you sure that's okay with you?" He asked. "Yes! I'll be fine, don't worry about it. Cady and I are gonna make the best of it without you." "Okay, great. I know a way you can make the best out of it." Damian said with a big smile on his face.
"Damian, don't you dare say it!" Janis yelled. "It's the perfect opportunity and you know it! If you don't do it, you might regret that night for the rest of your days. I mean that should be one thing you've learned from watching Hamilton!" Damian had a point.
"Ugh! I'll think about it okay? Now get some rest. Love ya!" Janis said.
"Love ya too girl!" Damian answered, knowing damn well that Janis is gonna try this time. Regina came out of hiding and looked disappointed. She clearly doesn't know Janis well enough to know that if she'll think about it, she'll do it.

Next up was Cady. Just like with Janis, Damian facetimed her. She picked up immediately. She was clearly already on her phone. "Damian! Hi! I'm excited for this afternoon! I mean also nervous, but not like nervous nervous since you guys are like my best friends but still ya know"
Cady rambled on. Damian interrupted her. "Cady, I'm not gonna be able to go. I feel terrible about it but I'm really sick. I threw up like 2 times this morning and don't want to get you guys sick too. I'm so sorry." He said. She was silent.
"Wait, so it's just me and Janis? Oh fuck, i mean, that's great. I guess. I mean I'll have to prepare a little better. Now she's probably gonna look at me even more." Cady stumbled. "It's gonna be okay, girl! You guys are great friends and nothing could go wrong. I'm gonna sleep now. I'm exhausted! Have fun at the picknick! Loveya!" Damian ended it quick, because he knows how Cady can ramble on and on when she's nervous and he wasn't able to lie to his friends any longer. Even when he was helping them.
Right after the facetime call, Cady texted Regina. She was panicked.