Chapter One

• Areum •

Ding dong. Ding dong..

Startled, I woke up to someone ringing my doorbell relentlessly, not giving up, not giving a damn that I was buried in the warmths of my bed. Or how I had tossed and turned and had finally just found the right spot in bed to fall asleep.

I placed an arm over my eyes and groan irritately at the person outside my front door. They apparently did not care because the doorbell continued to ring. I sighed and removed my arm from my eyes. With one eye opened, I squinted at the clock that was located on my bedside table.

Two o'clock.

"Fuck. You have got to be kidding me," I hissed annoyingly. Whoever that was at the door, I was going to rip them apart into pieces.

I worked for Big Hit Entertainment as a make-up artist for BTS. People may say that it would be the ideal dream job to work side by side with the top seven hottest men in the world and those people were right. I did enjoy every minute that I spent working with them. But at the end of the day, no one understood the long, tiring hours of planning and then the running around during every event they attended, every concert they put on, to make sure everything was flawless.

I turned to lay on my stomach and buried my head under my pillow praying that whoever was at my door would eventually leave. But they continued to be persistent and rang the doorbell.

"Fuck, fuck fuck," I muttered under my breath, feeling infuriated as I slowly rolled out of the comfort of my warm bed and stumbled my way out of my bedroom towards the front door.

With my hands on my hips, I mumbled annoyingly, "You better be the Pope to be interrupting my good night sleep. No one is ever allowed to disturb me when I'm sleeping."

I peeked through the peephole and immediately my heart fluttered. My eyes opened widely as I tried to smooth out my messy bed hair to look presentable. The man standing outside my door right at this minute was better than the pope.

Park Jimin was standing and smiling handsomely as if he knew I was looking through the peephole. He was leaning towards the door with his lips pursed together.

"Areum, I can hear you behind the door," he slurred his words as sweetly as he could.

My heart sunk as I realized Jimin made his way over to my apartment drunk. Something sadly, but I had gotten used to for past few months. I sighed disappointingly because I knew why he came over when he was drunk.

He was most likely upset about Da-hee and how she used him to try and break up Jungkook's marriage with my good friend Haeyoung. I had heard that everything exploded in Chicago when Jungkook confronted her.

I knew better than anyone about how Jimin liked Da-hee a whole lot more than he liked to carry on the outside. The only reason I knew about his true feelings was because most of the time, when I took care of Jimin's make up, he confided in me. 

Over the years of working closely together with Jimin one-on-one, I had gotten to know the real Jimin. The kind, sweet, soft side of him that he showed me by picking up my favorite cup of coffee, or telling me that I looked pretty in the outfit I was wearing for the day. Then before I could help myself, I had fallen for his charm.

But at the end of the day, I knew that I couldn't ever confess my feelings to him. I was silly to think he would ever have an ounce of romantic feelings for me. The things that he does or the things he says to me was probably just his way of being nice to me as a friend. I was sure that his feelings for Da-hee was too deep and there was no way I would ever be able to compete with someone like her.