Prologue: I BECAME SOMETHING

*** WARNING: WARNING: WARNING***

::: The scenes in this story are violence, blood, and gore. 

::: The scenes will also talk about bullying and suicide

::: READER'S DISCRETION IS ADVISED (Read at your own risk)

~ZACH'S POV~

It was a rainy morning when I woke up from my bed. The room was slightly illuminated by the greyish color of the outside. I looked around to find my alarm clock blinking in a green neon light which says it's already 9:16 am. I slowly sat down on the edge of the bed. Thinking the events last night, I rubbed my face but a sudden pain throbbed from my left eye that made me groan. I pressed it slightly and for sure, it was a bruise. I went to check it in the mirror and saw that a third of my white eye was covered in blood due to the ruptured blood vessels.  Also, some bruises around my left eye started to darken. He sure gave a good fight yesterday, I thought. After checking it, I came downstairs to make a cup of coffee when I heard a man's scream. It was very loud and desperate. He was shouting for help. However, his effort was being drowned by the sound of the heavy rain. I can hear him though because the door going to the basement was half closed. I ignored him and went to my kitchen. I sighed looking at the boxes and plastic bags of groceries I just shopped yesterday.

After fixing it in the cupboard and  the refrigerator, I did what I always do every morning which is to make peanut butter jam sandwich and a sweetened dark coffee. It was really relaxing and to be honest, his continuous screams made it even better. It was a music for my ears. 

After having my breakfast, I proceeded to make his breakfast and coffee before going down the basement. Going down, the wooden stairs creaked so much that made my visitor silent. I smiled as he greeted me with a deadly glare. He was strapped in a makeshift cross I made from a metal pole and wooded planks. The metal chains held him tight above the ground. He was also covered with bruises as I played with him for a bit yesterday. Looking at him now, he looks like a saint in the middle empty dim lighted basement.

 Looking at him now, he looks like a saint in the middle empty dim lighted basement

"Oh Skip... Don't glare me like that. You would kill me, you know," I chuckled. "Not like you can though. But you can run that thought in your head. Yep, just imagine all you can. I'm giving you that option."

He gritted his teeth as he hissed at me. " You piece of sh*t!! If I will get out of here, I'm going to tear you piece by piece! I'm going to torture you until you die from pain!"

"Yeah... yeah. Whatever. But I think I should remind you that THAT is an 'IF'. And that would be IF you can get out of this situation. As for me, that is highly unlikely. OH! but go on, tell me more," I teased. I thought he would say more but he just shoot me with his glares. I kneeled down to leave the food in front of him, grabbing a piece of sandwich. "Want some?" Waving it in front of his face. He iust looked away and I almost burst out laughing. I walked towards him and shove the whole piece of bread in his mouth. He chocked and spits it back right at me. I wiped the pieces of bread and his saliva off my face while smiling at him. "Really? Even if you are that hungry, you waste your food?" It was became apparent now that I feel the anger boiling in my core.