The Wolf Moon

holaa people :) soo ive decided to put this short story up and see what yall think about it sooooooo plzzzz tell mee what you think of it :)

 -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

           The sun was starting to set when Luna was walking back from her grandmothers’ home in the woods. The trees groaned as the wind pushed them around with their cold chilly breeze. Luna was eager to get back to her warm, cozy, safe bed; she had stayed too long at her grandmothers’ place, so she picked up the pace and was almost running. Luna paused as soon as she heard a twig break. She dared not look behind her, but something urged her to turn around.

Slowly, turning around; her eyes met a black, wet nose of a beast far taller than hers. The one creature she had hoped never to meet in the woods was now standing in front of her.

            Luna screamed and found herself stumbling to gain distance. She jumped over the closets fence and ran through the field. Her black hair waved through the wind as she ran and her dress flapped around her legs. She glanced behind her, she wished she hadn’t; the wolf was gaining on her. Luna kept screaming for help, hoping that someone would hear her cries. She looked back again and noticed the wolf was gone. Luna slowed down and just as she turned back around, the wolf appeared right in front of her. Paralyzed with fear, Luna stared at the wolf. She tried to turn around and run, but ended up tripping over them. The wolf came in closer and Luna prepared to meet her end. Just as the wolf was about to attack, someone shot it with an arrow.

            “Don’t just sit there! Get up and run!” Luna crawled towards the stranger and tried to stand up, but something pulled her back. The wolf howled in pain as the stranger shot it once more. It growled at him one more time before it disappeared into the woods.

            “You save me, thank you.” Luna wiped the dirt off her dark green dress as she stood up. Her leather boots were covered in mud, and grass was stuck in her hair.

            “Yeah well, you scream pretty loud. Anyways I thought that damn wolf would appear again.” He didn’t look any older than Luna did; maybe around eighteen or so.

            “What’s your name?” Luna stared at his hair; it was a brown as the mud on her dress.

            “My name is John. May I ask what is yours?” His brown eyes were still fixed on the tree line.

            “Luna. My name is Luna. How did you know that creature was going to attack?”  Luna asked.

            “That wolf has been attacking my flock each and every night. At first I told all the villagers in my village, but no one would believe me. One night though, the wolf came and attacked one of the villagers and that’s when everyone stared to believe me. But since then, he’s had an appetite for humans now.” John picked up the lantern lying by his feet.

            “Come on, we better get inside.” John grabbed Luna by the hand and led her back to his home. It wasn’t anything too fancy, just a table near a fire place, a stove, and two rooms. It was a bit cluttered.

            “Nice place you got here. Do you live by yourself?” Luna asked.

            “Thanks, and yes I do live by myself. Both my parents died when I was younger.” John pulled two cups out of a small wooden cabinet and filled it up with hot water.

            “Oh I’m sorry to hear that.” Luna said.

            “It’s ok. What about you? I see you walking the same path almost every day.” John placed a warm cup of tea in front of Luna.