10. «ɢoυeɴjι ѕнυυyα»

¤ nano. RIPE - Hana No Iro ¤
Gouenji Shuuya

» When the rain of tears falls down and hits my cheeks, it's a beautiful thing. «

♪:;;;:♪:;;;:♪:;;;:♪:;;;:♪:;;;:♪:;;;:♪:;;;:♪:;;;:

There he stood, under a bright red umbrella, staring as the tears of rain fell down. Gouenji Shuuya reached out his hand and let the rain drops fall on his palm. Who could've thought that even such a gloomy weather would be so beautiful?

The boy smiled mysteriously and started then heading forward. The practice was cancelled due to rain, and almost everyone from the club where heading to Rairaiken to have some ramen. Endou had invited Gouenji too, but the boy had refused him. On that day, he had promised to meet with someone else. Someone he cared so much for.

As the Inazuma Central Hospital came into his sight, Gouenji's pace fastened. While he held onto the red umbrella, in his other hand he had a bouquet of pink roses and box of sweets. He wanted to hurry up, he wanted to meet up with her.

"Onii-chan!" Gouenji Yuuka exclaimed happily as she saw her brother walking in. Her bed was placed near the window and she was passionately drawing something while looking as rain fell down. Due to the weather she had to stay inside, which was a shame, especially since her brother was paying her a visit.

Gouenji smiled at Yuuka and walked near her bed. He leaned the closed umbrella against a wall to let it dry and changed the flowers. "Wow, they're so beautiful! Yuuka likes pink roses." The young patient laughed as she watched with shining eyes, how her brother changed the flowers.

"That is why I bought them." Gouenji replied, only partly telling the truth. He had read from a magazine that pink roses where a good way cheer up a healing patient. It was more worth it because Yuuka loved pink roses.

As the new set of flowers blossomed next to Yuuka's bed, Gouenji sat on the visitors chair and offered the box to Yuuka. "Here, a 'get well' present." He smiled kindly as Yuuka took the box with widened eyes. She opened it and her eyes started to shine once she saw all the sweets.

"Onii-chan, thank you so much!" Yuuka embraced Gouenji. Startled at her actions, he then flashed a smile and hugged his younger sister. The brown-haired girl then moved her attention to the sweets, exploring the box with yearning eyes. "You know Onii-chan today I..." She started telling, still not taking her eyes off the box.

Gouenji listened closely as Yuuka told about her day in the hospital. Seeing his sister so cheerful, he couldn't be happier. He had gotten her back. Yuuka was again next to him, while giving him the best support he could ask for.

He was in debt to Endou, when it came to Yuuka and him continuing playing soccer. The incident what had put Yuuka into coma, made Gouenji to stop play soccer. He blamed himself for causing Yuuka's accident and the future before him became blurry. He started to gather things he didn't need, leaving soccer behind.

He was lost.

"And you know Onii-chan! I drew you a present!" Yuuka seemed to suddenly remember and took out the drawing she had just finished. She gave it to Gouenji, and the boy realized that she had drawn him with a soccer ball. The boys' expression softened and he glanced at Yuuka.

"Is this me? You're so good, Yuuka." He caressed her head what made Yuuka blush. It told that more than anything in the world, she loved the figure of her brother playing soccer. Those words were enough to convince Gouenji that the dark days were in the past. He was no longer the cold hearted Gouenji Shuuya, A Fallen Striker, who was doing his best to avoid soccer. His heart was much kinder, his persona was gentler, like the first morning light that peeks from the horizon.

It was all thanks to Endou and Yuuka.

"Say Onii-chan, when is your next match?" Yuuka wondered all of sudden, what made Gouenji to snap from his thoughts. The girl looked concerned, as if she was wondering, if she could make it to the next match. Being hospitalized, there was only rare occasions when she was allowed to go outside the hospital area.

Gouenji looked thoughtful, trying to remember what their coach had said about the upcoming matches. "The next match is finals against Teikoku Academy. I think it's held in three days." He then answered, not being exactly sure if he remembered the facts right.

Yuuka furrowed her eyebrows and looked displeased. "I have examination on that day, so I can't go and cheer on Onii-chan that day." She told, her eyes watering. Gouenji's eyes widened of the sudden outburst, but it only proved him how much Yuuka wanted to cheer him on.

The boy patted Yuuka's head. "Don't worry, just knowing that you're cheering me on is enough. I will do my best to win the match, for you. So you have to be a good girl and listen to the doctor while he examines you, alright?" Gouenji encouraged his sister and smiled widely.

Yuuka stared at Gouenji. "A promise?" She asked while extending her pinkie towards him.

"A promise." Gouenji smiled and they crossed their pinkies.

Seeing Yuuka smile was the best good luck charm he would ever receive. He was sure that there would be days, when he was to make grave mistakes, but in the end he starved to smile. His hidden wounds were slowly starting to close up and he would only look ahead, yearning towards the light.

Gouenji and Yuuka chatted all the way till the visiting hours were over, and finally Gouenji had to head back home. He packed his stuff and took the red umbrella with him, glancing at the window. Apparently the rain hadn't still stopped. "Then I will be going." He told to Yuuka, who smiled widely at him.

"Onii-chan, good luck!" Yuuka shouted after him.

Gouenji was smiling widely as he stepped outside the building.

The falling rain drop hit his cheek.

♪:;;;:♪:;;;:♪:;;;:♪:;;;:♪:;;;:♪:;;;:♪:;;;:♪:;;;:

» I make countless mistakes, but if it won't end, I want to laugh. «