Chapter 1: college girl

As the taxi pulled up to one of the HUGE buildings on campus that I guessed was where my dorm would be, I took a deep breath. I was ready. I'd said goodbye to Ben way before graduating, though it wasn't by choice... No! Those thoughts can stay in the back of my brain! I opened the door and pulled the stuff I hadn't gotten my mom to drive in the truck out of the trunk and said a quick thanks to the driver. My eyes were probably like huge saucers, staring at the gorgeous architecture of the dorm. I'm living here, I thought with a grin. "Hi! Are you Violet Mayers?" A girl who looked only slightly older than me asked and smiled brightly as I nodded. "Great! I'm Lindsey, your dorm advisor! Follow me to meet your roommate!" She said happily. Lindsey showed me through the hall and waved at a few of the girls unpacking. I walked into the room she was gesturing to and I tossed my bags onto the bed as I heard a voice behind me. "Oh my god! Hi! I'm your roommate, Scarlett!" A very bubbly and gorgeous redhead said enthusiastically.

 "Oh my god! Hi! I'm your roommate, Scarlett!" A very bubbly and gorgeous redhead said enthusiastically

Scarlett above ⤴️
I laughed a little. "Hi, I'm Violet. It's nice to meet a friendly face." I said with a smile. We shook hands and began talking about what we wanted to major in when we reached our sophomore year. Scarlett apparently wanted to be an art major, because she loved to paint, draw and sculpt. She showed me a few of her pieces and I agreed that she'd make an excellent artist. I told her that I wanted to major in English, because of my love for writing. I did not however tell her that I was more interested in singing for a living. I'm a little shy about it but it is still what I want to do in life. "Ok, seems like you two are well acquainted already! I'm going to move on to my next group of freshman but I'll see you guys at initiation!" Lindsey said with a small wave of her fingers before leaving us to each others company. "So, should we set up this dorm room then?" Scarlett asked with a laugh. I'm glad to have such a bubbly person as my roommate. "Yeah we probably should." I laughed back. We spent an hour or so making it amazing in our room.

Scarletts side of the room⤵️

Violets side of the room⤵️