A Strangers Face

A/N: I'm Australian and this story is set in America so I pretty much made all of the locations and addresses up. Anyways, enjoy :)

"Brooke, can we please go a bit faster, I feel like we are being followed," Haley murmured as she turned her head back and forth furiously, watching everywhere and jumping at every noise.

"Would you just be quiet? We are not being followed! It's probably just your mind playing tricks on you."

All of a sudden, I stopped short. I realised something was missing. "Haley, where did my vodka go?"

"Brooke, look out!"

15 HOURS EARLIER

"Rise and shine sleepy head! We have a busy day ahead of us," I chirped as I flung the curtains wide open. Haley moaned and pulled the covers over her face.

"But it's 7:00 am!" She protested as she lifted the covers off her head to glare at me. "Wait a second, why are we busy?" Haley asked me while cautiously sitting up.

"I am so glad you asked," I replied excitedly.

Haley continued to glare at me. Except this time fear was well and truly planted on her face.

"Well, since it was your 18th yesterday and we couldn't spend it together I thought we could do something tonight."

"Which is?" Haley asked as she raised her eyebrows at me.

"We are going....clubbing! Yay!" I jumped up and down and clapped my hands together.

"Ughhh!" She groaned loudly and slumped back into her bed ripping the covers over her head.

"Oh don't be like that," I said walking over to her jumping on her bed. "It'll be fun!"

"For you maybe," Haley replied glumly.

"You can't say that, you've never been! Is this because you're 'Christian' or something?" I asked sceptically.

"You say it like it's a bad thing. And no, it's not because I'm a Christian," She replied sitting up on her bed again.

"It is a bad thing! I mean it's all rules and regulations! And if you don't follow them you go to hell? Who wants to live like that? You have to be like perfect like all the time!"

"You've got it all wrong," She said as she reached to her bedside table to grab her Bible. I rolled my eyes. Here we go again. She opened her Bible flicking through it as she spoke. "It's not a bad thing and it's certainly not all rules and regulations. Also, we aren't perfect and we can never be. That's why Je-"

"Yeah yeah yeah, that's enough," I said cutting her off and taking the Bible from her. I threw it back on the bed somewhere.

"Come on, please come tonight. I'm sure God will forgive you." Haley continued to look down and shook her head. "We'll be two hours at the most! I promise!"

I was pretty sure I was nagging now, but I don't care. She refused to make eye contact and kept her head down. There was only one thing left to do. I can't believe I'm about to do this. By doing this, I'm compromising everything I believe in. Who goes clubbing for only two hours?

"Look," I said uncomfortably, "if you let me take you tonight, I'll let you take me to ch-" I could barely even get the word out, but I composed myself. I had too.

"I'll let you take me to ch-chur-church." The words tasted like vomit coming out of my mouth. I can't believe I just said that. She lifted her head up looked at me.