Chapter 1

October something, 2017

I woke up to my screaming alarm and very annoyed by the sound turn it off. I stood in the mirror flipping my hair, trying to get it to cooperate. I scrummaged through my dresser drawers, looking for something to wear. I settled for a pair of joggers and a hoodie. Still tired I walked out of my room, bumping into the wall. Reaching the kitchen, I pull out a spoon, bowl, Fruity Pebbles, and a half gallon of milk. Careful not to spill, I sat at the table and quietly ate.
5:57
I better hurry up, I thought as I rinsed out my cereal bowl. I swiftly carried myself to the bathroom to brush my teeth. I finished and went back into my room.
6:04
Shit, the bus will be here in about 15 minutes. I hurriedly grabbed my backpack and slug it over my shoulder. The icy air hit me like bricks but I pushed forward. As I walked up to the bus stop, I made out the figure of my friend, Mary. She was talking to someone. Who?? I immediately thought and picked up my pace. Who that fuck is that u thought to my self stareing at him. He was much taller than me, much buffer from what I could make out with the little light provided by a street lampposts. Hes gotta a cute baby face pic thought. He noticed I was looking at him. My face grew hot. Mary noticed I was there now that he did. " Oh hey" she said as she hugged me . "This is Jack. He used to live here a few years back, then he went back to California, now he's back here."She said smiling. "Jack, this one of friends, Gabe." I smiled as he stared at me with a " who da fuck is that expression" which I somehow found kinda cute. "Shut up, what are you staying, you not gay." I pushed the thought out of my mind. Mary continued to talk to the stranger, reliving their old friendship. I laughed here and there at their stories, trying hard to be cool and make a good impression in the new kid ( who wasn't really new but was new to me).
The bus pulled up and we all hopped on, happy to escape the cold, crisp winter air. Mary sat with another friend and usually sat with her so I was confused where to sit but every other seat was taken ( and by that, there was plenty of seats I could've shared with someone else but like I don't like that many people so...) I awkwardly ask to share a seat with the stranger. We sat in silence for about 7 minutes ( which felt like weeks) until I asked "Umm hey..uh.. so when did you move in here?" He looked kinda shy but answered with" um just the other day, just got back from California." " Oh ...that's lit, I guess". I replied shaking for no apparent reason. ( Ok, to be honest he giving me a really good vibe and I was cold af) He laughed slightly. ( Such a small, cute laugh.... Shut up ,you not gay, stupid brain) I smiled friendly and we continued talking, having slightly awkward looks and laughs every once and a while.

BRAIN: HE'S REAL COOL, WE SHOULD HANG AFTER SCHOOL OR SOMETHING.

THE RETARDED ASS VOICE IN MY HEAD: BITCH, HE DONT WANNA HANG WITH SOMEONE AS FUNNY AND DUMB AS ME.

BRAIN: HE IS FRIENDS WITH MARY.

RETARDED VOICE: GOOD POINT.

"So you wanna hang out after school or something?". " I mean shit, ion got nothing better to do, yeah we can get Mary to right?". "Yeah, we will all just walk around and hang out for a bit, get to know each other better and shit" "Alright, bet "
A happy feeling warmed my body as the bus came to a halt. Holy shit we're at school already, damn.

2:15ish same day
School went by quickly, like it usually did. And we were back on the bus going home.
Jack saved me a seat with him in the bus and I felt really happy that someone wanted my companionship. We joked and shit till we got to my street I turned and was shocked to see him following me."where is your house again?" I asked. He pointed down the street to a big white house. HOLY SHIT HE LIVES NEAR, OH HELL YEAH!
"Oh" I replied. We got close to my house and I said" aye I see your ass later" we both smiled and walked our separate ways.