-The End to an Unknown DayDream-

"We had an argument, and he told me to be home at midnight, and I said no. And so when I did come home, the door was locked. And I had gotten a set of luggage for graduation that day, and it was on the front porch, packed. He thought that he was going to prove a point and I was going to say, 'Oh, I'm sorry, Daddy, I'm sorry'."

~Delilah

. . . . 

The tranquil valley was swaddled in a veil of poltergeist-white mist. It was eerily silent in the valley and the reason was obvious. The deathly vapour didn't lick the valley's cold floor as the wind was known to do. Its tongue less form wouldn't allow it to. Instead, it warped nature by using its spineless tentacles to trail around everything. It drifted and ghosted, glided and dangled. Then it pounced. Once it was sure it had conjured up enough of its milky white substance, it clung to and enrobed everything it could. Nothing was spared. It snagged and snared every crag and tree without mercy.

Although it looked ethereal and fragile, it packed a punch far above its weightlessness. It writhed and coiled with delight, its ghostly scarves wrapping the valley in a maze of mist.  

     I quickened my pace as the clouds began to gather in the sky. Up to now, the sky had been postcard-perfect, but it was changing. The beautiful cocktail-blue shade from when the waters were calm; were beginning to darken into gravel-grey. Large pillows of cloud were forming, blotting out the old-gold colour of the sun.

I got the first splatter of rain when I was halfway across the meadow. I took shelter under an old oak tree, hoping that I could see out the shower. Droplets of moisture began to drip from the leaves. They were sprinkling onto the grass like a gardener's hose. Then the rainfall became more intense. A wall of rain moved over the oak and the drops were drumming against the canopy. So much rain was falling that the sound blurred into one long, whirring noise. It reminded me of the rotor blades on a helicopter or the sound that the tv makes when you switch the channels too fast. Eventually, the noise lessened and the drops faded into a musical chime.
The sun came out again, casting slanted beams of light across the meadow. Steam rose slowly from the grass. It rose up eerily and drifted mist-like towards the molten-gold sun. The image was so vivid that it stayed with me all the way home.

When I got home, a mixture of contentment and relief rushed through my body leaving a sigh as my only means of expression to my emotion.  What I had experienced back in the valley was something no girl should ever have to experience... Yet somehow it happened to me.I slam my already bruised fist on the crack in my front door, water droplets flying off on impact.

"Ryan!" I scream, the intense reign of emotion building up uncalled excess adrenaline in my brain.

I hear a familiar voice whisper into my ear, almost calming me down instantly. ... 

then I wake up.