Chapter 1

Christina's POV

My eyes shot open, it was Monday morning. And it wasn't any typical, drag-your-butt-to-school Monday, it was worse...way worse.

I threw back my covers and got out of bed, I walked out into the hallway and nearly walked into a wall. My mind hadn't gotten used to this new house.

I turned to the left and walked into the bathroom.

My older sister Maria was brushing her teeth, "Hey, did you just wake up?"

"Yeah," I answered

"If you don't hurry up you'll miss the bus." She reminded me.

I ignored her reminder and started rummaging through the vanity to find my foundation.

After I finished my makeup, I got dressed. Something simple, a pair of blue Hollister jeans and a maroon v-neck. And then I spritzed some perfume and put on my gold rings.

My mom always told me I was stubborn, I never changed routines and I always wore the same perfume and the same rings. A gold band ring on my ring finger and then a gold ring with a gold heart on my thumb.

Satisfied with my appearance, I unplugged my phone from it's charger and slipped it into my back pocket.

•••••••••

"Chicas, chicas, no te olvides de hacer una buena impresión!" My mom called after Maria and I,

"Sí, mama," We answered back

She smiled and closed the door behind us.

"Are you nervous?" Maria asked

"Of course, this is the third school we've been to this year." I said.

Maria nodded and we kept walking down the street.

Maria, was my older sister. She was the oldest of four. She was a junior in highschool, I was the second oldest.

I was a sophomore, and I had a younger sister and brother too.

Catiá, and my brother Isaiah were fraternal twins and in seventh grade.

"Will you sit with me on the bus?" I asked Maria

"Yeah, of course. I'm just as nervous as you are," She agreed.

Maria and I had been to three different highschool this year, and going to a new school never gets any easier.

My family never stayed in one place for very long, my mom worked as a translator for a company. And she moved around a lot. There was really nothing else she could do, she barley understood any English. An because of this, my siblings and I had to be taught English when we moved to America.

••••••••••

The screeching of wheels snapped me out of my thoughts, the doors opened and this old lady in a yellow vest walked down the steps. I walked up the stairs and Maria followed behind me.

I braced my self for all the wispers and stares as my sister and I entered a new bus, but surprisingly there were only three kids on this bus. I turned my head, with my eyes wide open and looked at Maria. She shrugged and kept following behind me.

We both say down together, in the middle area of the bus.

"There's absaloutely no one on this bus," I said

"I know, I was so suprised." Maria agreed

I laughed and began to calm down a little bit.