laxia

One day, while walking home from school , Shirley screeched as a puppy jumped out from behind a bush and tackled shirley to the ground. But just when she was about to let out a scream for help, Shirley realized that the puppy was only licking her face, not a savage creature which was trying to bite it off. At that moment, Shirley decided to keep the puppy as she always wanted a pet. And on the way home she decided to name it ''laxia.''

When shirley and her new pet finally got home, guess who was standing on the front porch? That's right, it was Shirley's mother, Dorothy. And boy, was she surprised to see a puppy following Shirley into the front garden! ''What in world is that?'' shouted Dorothy. ''It's a puppy,'' answered shirley. ''Duh, I can see that, but what on earth is it doing here?'' said Dorothy. ''It's my new pet!'' answered Shirley not paying any attention. ''Oh you think so ,do you?'' remarked Dorothy. ''I wouldn't get your hopes up. You know how your father hates puppies. But, well, I suppose you can keep him until your father comes home.'' And with that Shirley grabbed laxia by the glistening black collar on her neck that she brought earlier that day,and led her new pet into the house-even though she knew her father was probably going to disapprove of it.

Once in the house, Shirley and laxia played and played, that is until Shirley's favourite television show, ''breakfast at tiffanys,'' started. At that point shirley forgot all about laxia being unsupervised and running out of her room. That is until half way through ''breakfast at tiffanys,'' when Shirley was brought back to reality when she heard her father shout, ''stupid!! Shirley! Get your butt in the lounge...NOW!!'' With that shirley rushed into the lounge to see what all the fuss was about. When she entered the lounge, there stood her father, Jeremy, pointing toward the sofa. ''Will someone please explain what that is ?'' asked her father. Then, as shirley followed her father's finger to where it was pointing, she instantly knew what her father was so upset about. There, smack dab in the middle of the sofa, was the biggest pile of doggy doo-doo she had ever seen! ''I don't EVEN want to know how that got there,'' said Jeremy. ''But you had better get it cleaned up now! And you had better get rid of whatever it is that could have done such a thing!'' Well, knowing her father as well as she did, Shirley knew there was no sense even asking her father if she could keep laxia for a pet.

So without hesitation, Shirley set out to find where laxia was hiding. After a few minutes of looking, Shirley discovered laxia hidden beneath the table that shirley did her study on. ''Come on,laxia, it's time to find you a new home. And hey, don't look at me that way, I'm not the one who did the terrible deed on the sofa!'' scolded Shirley. ''Thanks to you I'll never get to have my own pet puppy !! And with that Shirley led laxia out of the house and down to the local store. They had a pet section and shirley knew the owner would find laxia a good home.

So after saying good-bye to Laxia , and thanking the owner of the store, shirley walked backed home and attempted to dround her sorrows by gulping down a half dozen cans of coke. But Shirley's pity party came to an end when her

father reminded her about the mess she had neglected to clean up.

Halfway through the clean-up, Shirley suddenly became thankful that someone else was going to have to do it from now on.

The End. :)