Chapter 1-

Hey guys! This is my new book, I hope you like it. This chapter is kind of the background, btw, it hasn't really started yet. 

love, annie

_______________________________________________________________________________

Life was comfortable in the sleepy town of Portland, Oregon, and everyone had a place. Some were bookkeepers, some were retired athletes, and some were aspiring entrepreneurs. 

In the Manchester subdivision, there were two houses, side by side. One was grey, one was blue, and both were home to happy little families. 

The blue house was home to the Bauer family; 17 year old Sadie lived with her 9 year old brother, Sammy and her dad, Eric. They had a dog, Casey, who had been around almost as long as Sammy. 

The grey house was that of the Porters; Lorie and Doug had two kids: 17 year old Ethan and 9 year old Ellie. Maggie, their 7 year old dog, was the light of the house. 

In both families, there was a strong connection between the parents and the little kid, but both Sadie and Ethan felt a little out of place. In fact, their relationship with each other was questionable as well. 

For years, they had been in the same friend group but it had always been a little awkward. They grew up together, and sometimes they had the time of their lives, but they'd always had pressure to be a 'thing' and neither one could decide if that was something they wanted to do.