1

[Trigger warning: Panic attack]

Cerberus was a three-headed dog that guarded the entrance of the Underworld, allowing the dead to enter but letting none out. He was the son of Typhon and Echidna. Apart from his three heads, he also had a serpent's tail, a mane of snakes and the claws of a lion.

He was the twelfth and final labour that was given to Heracles by King Eurystheus. Heracles had to capture the three-headed dog without using any weapons. After learning how the enter the Underworld, and assisted by some of the gods, he managed to go to the Underworld and find Hades to ask for his permission to take Cerberus to the surface. Hades agreed under the condition that Heracles must not use any weapons. Heracles eventually managed to overpower Cerberus and brought him to Eurystheus, successfully completing his twelve labours.
Cerberus Is also called Kerberos.

But this feared dog was my pet, well somewhat. My father was always busy with paperwork back in the underworld and would sometimes give me quests that were a huge pain in the back if you ask me.

By the way, the names Nico Di Angelo the son of Hades. Let me guess, you're like 'Oh wow Nico that's so cool!'

No. Because as a demigod, my life is always at constant danger but I think you already know that, don't you?

Anyway,

Throughout the years that I've stayed here in camp half blood no one bothers to notice me. Percy and the seven usually visit me in my cabin at this hour in the past after the war with Gaia but after months that passed the visits were slowly getting less often.

Now they only visit once a week, and right now while sitting on my bed at cabin 13, sprawled out and actually anticipating for their visit.

Its been two hours since breakfast I'm surprised that they haven't noticed that I skipped it.

It's almost enough to bring me to feel concerned. I'd won't even mind of it was Leo who would check on me.

With a sigh, I sat up and ran a hand through my dark hair, messing up the already messy bed hair. Swinging my leg to the side, stretching my arms behind my head, I turned to head into the bathroom just in the other side of the door to get ready for the day.

The hunger pangs have already subsided about an hour ago, no use going to the mess hall.

I stepped out of the shower dripping wet with a black towel wrapped around my waist, holding a different one to dry my hair, just to be startled by a series of knocks.

Rolling my eyes in annoyance.

"What?!"

I barked out, irritation flowing through my veins.

"Neeks its me Percy," An all too familiar muffled voice introduced, fishing anotehr eyeroll from me. A ghost of a smile threatened to show.

At least he visited.

"I can't help but get worried, you weren't there at breakfast and you haven't left your cabin so I decided to check!"

How sweet. He's always been the nice guy, one of the few reasons why I liked him. Shaking my head, I walked towards my closet.

Hah, at least I'm out now. Get it?

"I'm fine Perce," My voice rang through the empty cabin. "I was just taking a shower but I'll be visiting my dad in the underworld so I think I won't be back till Friday." I informed him whilst grabbing a pair of boxers, ripped jeans and a white T-shirt.

I'm physically a teenager, still. Which is a perk as it is. More McDonalds for me.

"Okay see ya later then, bye!" I heard his foot steps fade as he walked away from my cabin. Finally locating that aviator jacket, I dipped it on before walking out the dim room.