Chapter 1: Good Morning, Gumshoe!

[Gumshoe's POV]

Ah, gotta love it. Another day, ready to go to work.

5:00, wake up. Well, if I can. I set an alarm each morning. Got the clock from a person who didn't want it anymore. Barely works anymore.

5:10, fix myself some breakfast. Most likely packets of ramen, but I've been getting lucky lately. I recently bought myself a box of cereal! I haven't had it in a long time!

5:30, brush my teeth. That reminds me, I need to get some new toothpaste...

5:35, get dressed. Putting on my white shirt, black pants, a belt, socks, shoes, tie, and trench coat. What can I say, pal? It's my signature look!

I take a look around my apartment. It's a bit in shambles right now. Unfortunately, I have to live on the rougher side of town. I'm more apt to find a case outside my door than anywhere else in the city. Tough crowd.

Papers are thrown around the floor, from me pouring over cases. Man, being a detective is hard sometimes! But imagine being in Edgeworth's shoes! Man, that prosecutor is my hero! He hasn't lost many cases! If he does, it's because of my pal, the defense attorney, Phoenix! They're both so cool...

I snap out of my day dream. Missile is tugging at my coat, trying to tell me something.

"What is it, boy?" I reach down and pet him, feeling his fur. It makes me happy to see him each day. He's my partner at work, my pet, and most importantly, my best friend!

Missile barks again, trying to take my coat somewhere! It's still on me, causing it to rip a little.

"Hey, watch it, pal! I know you like chewing on things, but could your bone? This is the only jacket I have!"

He whimpers softly, head down. I felt bad for yelling at him, so I patted him some more. It seemed to cheer him up, for his tail started to wag and he yipped at me. What a cute dog!

Dog...yip...work. Work?!

Oh no!

I looked at the clock on the wall. A neighbor gave it to me a long time ago. It's not the prettiest thing on the planet, with cracks on the glass, but it's one of the only things that works in this apartment.

5:55?! I'm going to be late to work! Again!

I rush out the door, barely picking up my briefcase. I beckon for Missile to follow me. As he follows me out, scampering, I remember to go back and lock the door.

Running down the stairs to my car (yeah, at this point, you think I'm lucky to even have one!), I hop in. Missile jumps in beside me. Turning on the car, I step on the gas, wary of police officers. It wouldn't look good on my record if I got a ticket! Even worse, I couldn't pay for it!

I cruise down the roads of the city to the Police Headquarters, where Edgeworth and the others will be waiting for me. It's time to get the show on the road, pal!