Chapter 1

I rest my hand on the rough paintwork that coats the door and push. Chips of paint flaking off from where my hand had rested. The hinges of the door squeal, as though it were a warning, yet their plea was answered by the wall of noise.

As I stepped into the club, the stench of smoke, beer, and sweat hit my nostrils. Multicoloured flashing lights across the dance floor, but not bright enough to reach beyond that. The club was filled with people, an unusual sight on a weekday.

Teens were littering the dance floor, grinding up against each other, some making out in the corner, while others were smoking weed and doing god knows what.

Men and women sat at the bar getting drunk; their eyes surfing through the sea of bodies to find their prey of the night.

Conversations could be heard over the jukebox, making you wonder if the songs were loud enough for such a place; but once you felt the vibrations from the ground you'd know the truth.

I walked cautiously towards the bar, avoiding anyone that goes to my school. Everyone in school didn't really know me. I was one of those kids who sat in the back of the class, rarely talked, and got decent grades. I work multiple jobs to support me and my brother. My parents aren't in the picture anymore after the plane crash last year, so I had to take the responsibility of taking care of my little brother.

When our parents died, it was hard on both of us. We didn't have any extended family to depend on and we weren't really rich.

As time flew by, the amount I was making wasn't sufficient enough for the both of us. As a result, I ended getting mixed into the illegal side of business.

Making eye contact with the bartender, I make my way through the sweaty bodies and walk towards the bar.

Adjusting my bag, I take look at both sides before quietly saying, "Ivory Snake."

The bartender glances up and down at me before he calls someone on the phone.

Surveying my surroundings once again to ensure I knew no one that could recognize me, I pull the hood of my jacket to conceal my face from everyone. I look back at the bartender, waiting for the confirmation to pass through.

He looks up from his phone, "Please come this way, Miss."

He leads me to the red door.

The door was solid metal. The surface was flat and shiny like the outside of a refrigerator. There was no handle, no lock, nothing to get a grip on. The color of the door was what made me freeze in my spot: Red. Specifically, blood red. It contrasted with everything on the floor, quite the attention seeker if I say so myself.

"You may go in. He has been awaiting your arrival," the bartender gruffly informs.

My heart almost stopped beating and my stomach churned.

Everyone in Sherfield knows that he was the most dangerous man you'd ever meet. According to the rumors, he has death-like eyes, devoid of emotion, dull and empty. If you look into them it would chill you to the bone, at least that's what they say. I don't really believe rumors, but who knows maybe it's true.

I normally deliver packages at places like this but he has never shown up himself; it was always one of his "goons" that collected them. The fact that he came himself to retrieve the package was news to me.

As I approached the door, I hear a click. My eyes widen at the sound. I look back to where the bartender was standing previously, behind me. Now, in his place, there was no one.

I gulp.

I turn my head, back, towards the door and push lightly. It opens and my eyes are greeted with a very attractive lady.

And before you ask, no I don't swing that way! I just know when to appreciate someone's looks.

Wumpth!

The door slammed; snapping me out of my daze, startling me. I shake my head my and approach the lady.

"I-I am here for th-," The words died in my mouth as she turned, her back facing me, and walked away.

I stood there shellshocked.

Is she just going to leave me here!

"Please follow me, Miss." She says, as she glances back towards me.

I speed-walked towards her and follow.

I looked around in awe.

The chairs were something like a creamy leather marshmallow. It was the kind of chair that molded around you and hugged you. It was the kind of chair that children loved and old people saw as a backache waiting to happen.

The tables were exquisite. Dark glass tables with a marble bowl right in the middle.

Most surprising of all the was the chandelier looming over my head. The chandelier alone must have been worth more than 10 branded cars combined. It was dripped with the best cut diamonds and was made from white gold.

Now that I think about it, there was something different that I felt since I entered through the red door.

It finally clicked!

It was... quiet.

It must be the soundproof walls, I concluded.

The lady suddenly stops walking. Me being me, wasn't aware.

I had walked into her.

My eyes widen, "I-I'm so s-sorry. I wasn't aware o-of where I w-was going," I stammered aloud.

I kept on mumbling apologies to the lady as I looked down in embarrassment.

"Ahem."

I look up confused. That voice sounded... masculine? I stared at the lady with an unbelievable look on my face. Her eyes moved towards a cabin on her right.

My eyeballs popped out of their sockets.

It's him, it's Adrian Lorenzo.

Also, I think I shat myself a little.

****
This is the first chapter of my new story "Nostalgia".

It's my first piece and I hope you all enjoy!

Please comment and vote.

Till next time!