Johny's Story

On June 5, 1853 Johnny Henriks was born. He was born in a little town right in the center of Georgia. Before his first year of being alive was even over, he decided it was time to move and talk. Before anyone even knew what was going on he began to sing. His voice was as strong as an angel and and quick as the devil.
             After three years of his life and knocking everybody's socks off his family decided to get him and instrument. They were having trouble picking out the right thing for him, so one day they decided to bring him along to the store. They searched around for hours it seemed and he didn't find anything he was interested in. They went to several different stores all across Georgia and they still didn't find anything. Then one day as they thought all hope was lost an old friend of his dads showed up. Ya know they began to talking and going on next thing you know his dad's friend is pulling out a bunch of garbage. Along with the garbage was an instrument, but not just any intsrument, it was a fiddle. The man said that it was broken and even when it was in working condition it didn't play very well no matter what you did to it. Johnny looked up at his parents and said I'll take it. So the man gave it to him and said " well boy all I can say is good luck to ya your gonna need it." As the man walked off you can see an almost grin on his face, it was very strange.
             Johnny spent three year working on it and tweaking it here and there until finally it was ready. But before Johnny even got to test it his parents died. He was then sent to an orphanage where he soon escaped and lived on the roads. Johnny never really was quite the same after that. He stopped singing he never even picked up the fiddle to finally test it.
             After eleven years of walking all over the country, carrying nothing but his fiddle on his back he finally had the nerve to open the case. He takes the fiddle out with tears in his eyes and he begins to play. Never having been taught he was suprised to hear it sounded amazing. With every move of his hand a new beautiful sound awoke. Before he even new it he had a crowd around him. They were all clapping along with his music and humming. It was the most beautiful sounds they had ever heard. After he was finished playing the audience had clapped with tears in their eyes and he knew he was going to be great.
           Three years later after traveling the country for his second time, he came back to Georgia. He went to an old park where he used go and sing when he was younger. He took out his fiddle and began to play. The melody was a song of rememberance to his family, it was the same song he played the first time he ever played and he played louder than he ever had. When he finished he had let one last year go and started to put away his fiddle. But out of no-where a strange man jumps up on a hickory stump he looked like the man who he got the fiddle from, but he couldn't be, could he?  The man said " boy let me tell you what. I guess you didn't know but I'm a fiddle player too and if you'd care to take a dare I'll make a bet with you. Now you play pretty good fiddle boy but give the Devil his due I bet a fiddle of gold against your soul cause I think I'm better than you." Then Johnny said " well my name's Johnny and it may be a sin but I'll take you bet you gonna regret cause I'm the best there's ever been."
           After successfuly beating the Devil and denying the golden fiddle , Johnny said to him " Devil just come on back if you ever wanna try again, I done told you once you son of a bitch I'm the best there's ever been."