Blood Oath

At 3 o'clock that gloomy dawn of February, Estella's deep slumber was cut by a dream. This was the same dream that has been haunting her occasionally. She could not remember when this started. The dream was not scary so it did not appear to be a nightmare to her. She looked at the digital clock beside her bed on the right side. Upon seeing the time, she realized it was too early to get up so she re-closed her eyes.

Estella was a fresh face in the teaching profession. This was her first year of teaching in Manila Science High School. She was very energetic because of her youth that is only 21. She was renowned in the campus by her colleages as a humble and simple person and by her students as a fun-loving and serious teacher.

"Good morning, class!" Estella exclaimed with her full energy.

"Good morning, mam!" the class replied returning the same energy to their teacher.

"Let us begin our day with a prayer." she said with a slightly solemn voice this time. The whole class became silent and began to pray.

That afternoon she was on her way out of the gate of the school when suddenly a man called her name and crossed her way.

"Hi Estella, how are you?" the man uttered with his full but gentle voice.

"Hello Arnie, I'm good." she replied promptly.

Arnie was the most persistent among Estella's suitors. The former was tall and handsome. He was spoiled and rich. As a result, he was raised getting everything he wanted.

"I'll give you a ride home if you like." he said confidently.

"No thanks, I can manage. I'll just walk home since I also need to buy some things in the grocery.

And besides my apartment's a few blocks away from here." the woman replied smiling.

"I insist, it will be a pleasure taking you there." the man offered.

"No, really please don't bother." Estella replied this time with her lips in a straight horizontal.

Arnie was black and blue. He did not make the conversation long, just nodded and went out of the woman's way. He looked at Estella's slender body as she walked away. His eyes focused on her hips that made curves despite the uniform. He was like Superman looking at her ass as if he is seeing her naked with his imagination. His mouth salivated. He smiled like what Joker did in the movies. These were Estella's characteristics that are making him go gaga over her, the combination of her tomboy angst and porn star body.

Summer vacation came and Estella found herself doing nothing. Not having any plans, she was not prepared of the two-month school time-out. She thought of things to do. Finally, she decided to go and spend the time with her grandparents in Pangasinan.

It was the second week of April. After accomplishing all school commitments, Estella was ready to leave. She brought almost eighty percent of her clothes as if she's going out of the country. The apartment was black as its spacer went out of the door. Everything was still.

Estella took an early bus. She didn't want to delay her voyage for she might suffer the consequences of heavy traffic. As the bus' door opened for her, she excitedly went up to it with her two heavy bags.

An almost five-hour travel was what Estella was anticipating so she prepared herself by bringing her MP3 Player and cellular phone. With these, she could eliminate boredom. If ever hunger strikes, the content of the white plastic bag would fill her. This thought relieved her doubts and made her stomach growl. Estella possessed a cast iron stomach. She placed her headset on both ears, opened a pack of Piattos and pleased herself.