Trading Lives

--

AUGUST 31, 2010

Finnings Manor

12:00 AM

I am sitting here in my room once again. With only the sound of the air conditioner from behind me, and the constant tap-tapping of my fingers as they dance through this keyboard that echoes in my room through-out the rest of the night. I should've been resting in my bed from all the stressful activities that happened in our school today; and being the cheer leader of our school's squad, I made a vow to myself to give my 101% during our practices in order for my team mates to be inspired to do the same.

Well, to let you know more about me, I'm a blue-eyed blondie, a straight-A student, head cheerleader, and only daughter to the richest couple in our city, Excalibur Hills. I can get WHATEVER I want, WHENEVER I want it. My life's all-messed cause 1. even though I go to the most exclusive school in our place, EXCALIBUR 101, I admittedly DON'T deserve my As because it just seems that I get good grades for the professors there are in fear of getting on my parents's bad side; 2. I DON'T even seem to have a normal life. My Dad's always busy with his worksheets, blueprints and whatevers for he was a renowned engineer in the whole of UK. My Mum? Well, she's always treating herself to body treatments and massages with her best friend forever who was the dear mother of MY best friends since Pre-K, Noemi Glaize Saunders. Now you see, Noemi's family was one that belonged to a middle-class family. With a policeman as a father, and a teacher for a mother, Noems was just your typical brainy teenager with annoying little Toby for a brother and a little attic for a room in their little flat. Well, so much about them. I just pity myself more by saying all these wonderful things bout them. Yes, I AM JEALOUS, so what? With a social butterfly for a mother and a workaholic father, no one seems to care for poor, little rich girl Emarald Nathaliah Finnings. Oh, and yes, my name really is spelled with an "A" just right after the "M".

Now, let's go back to where we were before. Oh yeah, we were talking bout me. Oh geez, look at the time. It's already a quarter after one, and well, I'm still wide awake and happily slurping on my Starbucks Double Chocolaty Chip Cappuccino. Hmm, I just couldn't help but wonder, whatever on Earth could possibly happen, if I were given the chance to actually live the life of Emarald Nathliah SAUNDERS for one single day. After getting myself wrapped up into these thoughts, I unconsciously climbed in my bed and snuggled beside Mr. Snookie, my favorite teddy bear which reminds me of the days when my Dad and Mum actually noticed that I existed. In fact, Mr. Snookie was my very first birthday gift.

September 1, 2010

The Saunders Shack

7:46 AM

"AAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!"

Loud footsteps were to be heard rushing through the upstairs attic as the whole family woke-up to the sudden, hair-raising shrieks from above their flat.

"Emarald, my little cupcake, are you okay?", a very familiar voice asked worriedly.

As Emarald heard that voice, she immediately knew that something was not right.

Wtheck was she doing, sleeping in Noemi's bed, in Noemi's attic, and with Noemi's Mum calling her "my little cupacake".

What was wrong with the world? Ö

--