last day

I woke up around 8 and immediately called Gus. He didn't pick up so I got worried. What if he was hurt? I got out of bed and grabbed my tank. When I swung open my bedroom door, he stood with a boquet of flower and a crooked smile that could melt a group of 15 year olds. "Hello Darling" he said cooly. He took my hand and pulled me to the car. Before he pulled me through my front door, I yelled to mom "going out with Gus be back later". Gus opened the passenger door and gestured for me to get in. "your driving!?" I said almost shouting. "make peace with your god hazel" he retorted winking. I stepped in and placed my tank on the floor between my legs. he sat in the car and put a cigarette in his mouth. "where are we off to again?" I asked. "its a suprise" he said chuckling. "isn't this technically kidnapping?" "I don't see you bolting for the door" he grinned. and I fell into that grin of perfection. I had to look away. he started driving and his driving had gotten significantly better. "oh looks who's been practicing" I said mockingly. "only the best for hazel grace" he said as we sped down the highway. after an hour of conversating and saying "okay" at least 65 times, we pulled up to an old walking trail a few miles from the hospital. "here we are Ms. Grace" he cooed as he opened my door. "what do we plan on doing here" I asked, shakily getting out of the car. "its a surprise " he said making me giggle". He graciously extending his hand for mine. I took it so quickly it startled him. we made our way up the mountain. "are you planning to kill me here " I asked. "were by the hospital in case you do try to die on me silly " he said those words like a 9 year old and it made my heart melt. We reached the cliff and he pulled a large rock to my feet as a seat "why thank you Mr.Waters." I sat and he fell to the ground. "AUGUSTUS" I screamed "what's wrong!?" He looked up and smiled "nothing" He pulled a small red box and opened it before I could realise what it meant. A large diamond sat on a golden ring. my heart stopped. my mouth opened. I immediately screamed yes and tears ran from my face "I didn't ask yet silly" he said crying and smiling "you didn't have to ...silly" I responded and took him in my arms and cried into his shoulder.