Part I

The girl looked up at a sky laden with angry clouds, and she notices a very bright light. It's nighttime and dark out so it isn't the sun she thinks to herself. She begins to get increasingly worried and calls her mother who picks up and answers. The girl explains what she's seeing and the mother goes outside to look up and sees nothing other than the moon. The mother tells the girl this and asks if its just the moon she sees. The girl says the moon is to her back and the bright light is in front of her. She tells her mother to pick her up and hangs up the phone. She then sits on the bench and watches the light as it gets brighter and brighter. She decides to listen to music and close her eyes and relax and wait. When the girl hears a car pull up she assumes its her mother and gets in the car without paying much attention. When the car doesn't move the girl looks over and sees not her mother, but instead a black shape. She turns on the light expecting to see her mother but instead the black shape disappears and she is alone in the car. The girls eyes widen with fear as she begins to look for the black shape that was in the car moments before. She calls out her mothers name, frightened. Seconds pass and the girl hears her name ever so softly whisper into her ear. She jumps and whips around to the backseat expecting to see her mother playing a prank on her. Instead the backseat is empty except for a black box with a metal clasp and lock. The girl asks for her mother and when there's no response she reaches back and picks up the box and places it in her lap. The box is locked and she doesn't see a key anywhere and so she attempts to unlock it with her house key. As soon as the key went into the lock there was a very loud noise almost like an explosion. She looks around worried and turns the key. The lock and key disappears and the girl is now sitting in a black metal chair in an empty room with only one single lightbulb dangling above her head. She looks around unusually calm and at ease and stares at the box for what seems like ages. She lifts the lid and is pleasantly surprised to see her pet gerbil inside curled up in a ball. She says its name and when it doesn't move she gets worried and hears a rhythmic pounding in her ears. Must be her heart pumping from the worry. She decides to pick up her pet and when she does everything goes black and shes in her room strangling her gerbil. She realizes what she's done but its too late and her pet lay lifeless in her palm. The girl begins to get filled with an uncontrollable rage that no one could begin to explain. She starts screaming but it isn't her own. She has not one clue as to why she's screaming. Her body starts thrashing uncontrollably and her mind is at war with itself. Trying to keep an evil presence from taking over her mind, body, and soul. The only thing the girl can hear is the blood-curdling screams from people in immense pain. She covers her ears and screams to try and drown out the noise to no prevail. The girl goes blind and can only see darkness. She begins to taste blood in her mouth and feels the life drain out of her. All of a sudden the screaming stops, the blood runs away from her mouth, and she can see once again. She's back at her grandparents' house that she left 7 months ago to pick up her belongings and choose what she wanted to keep in memory of them. She didn't know the full details of her grandparents death other than that it was gruesome. She wonders the halls looking at all the pictures on the wall of her and her family remembering the days which they were took. As she turns the corner to go into the kitchen she runs into something and instinctively says excuse me. When she looks up to see what it was she was mortified to find her grandfather dangling from the second story balcony. She backs up confused with so many emotions in her head she starts to panic and hyperventilate not knowing what to do. She trips and falls on something cold, wet, and soft and terrified of what she might find jumps up and doesn't want to look. But by some unknown force her body turned to face her grandmother laying on the floor face down in a pool of dark liquid. The girl then runs upstairs to what used to be her room and when she opens the door she looks into the faces of her grandparents smiling, arm in arm. She backs up slowly, confused and stumbles down the stairs and everything goes black.

The next day she is woken up by her parents and an EMT standing above her at the bottom of the stairs. When she realizes that shes still in her grandparents' house she panics and jumps up to hug her mother tightly. She asks why the girl is there and the girl explains everything that happened to her the night before. Her mother explains that when she the girl first got in the mothers car, the girl started looking around petrified and stared at her mother then jumped out of the car and ran to her grandparents' old house. When she got there she broke in through the window and ran up the stairs and slipped then fell down and hit her head on the way down. The girl couldn't believe that her mother would try to lie to her when the girl knew exactly what she saw. She then got up, ran past her parents and the EMT and jumped in the car, then buried her face in her hands and sobbed.