Prologue

"I say it's time to get completely intoxicated!!!!" I yelled to Coleen as soon as we got through the bouncer. 

It is officially summer for me and not just any summer. I am officially ready for actual work. I just got my CPA result back and I passed. How else do you celebrate years of hard work and no sleep other than by drinking and drinking and more drinking? 

Coleen and I have been best friends since the eighth grade. Our friend, Christine, thought her name was something else and I insisted that it was Coleen. I ended up asking her and ever since that moment we have been friends. We went to the same high school and for college we both went up north in San Francisco. She went to San Fran State while I went to San Fran U. 

After almost an hour of dancing we decided to sit down at the bar.

"When are they coming? It's been an hour," She asked referring to our other friends who are running late.

"I have a text from Casey saying they're nearby," I replied, looking at my phone.

"How close?" Coleen asked.

"He texted that half an hour ago, by now I'm sure they are nearby," I answered. I laughed a little. Never believe somebody who texts or calls you saying they're coming or nearby because believe me, they're not. 

"I think that hot guy is checking me out," she said, changing the subject, her eyes glued to somebody behind me.

"Do I need to remind you about Griffin?" I asked teasingly.

"Easy there, tiger. I'm just looking, no touching," she replied, winking at the guy, "I'd never thought I'd be in a committed relationship ever let alone before you."

Yea, I guess that is true. Between the two of us it's always been me who is into relationships. Hell, I've only ever like four guys since middle school and each lasted a year or more. Maybe I will end up as an old maid with 72 cats. 

"Hey I'm gonna go to the ladies' room," I said, excusing myself.

...

"Oh. Sorry," I apologized to the person I bumped into. I don't think he realized that I bumped into him though. It seemed like he was too occupied looking for someone.

He turned 180 and that's when I realized that it's him.

I quickly headed to the bar and saw four familiar figures chatting away.

"...who would've thought we'd run into him," I caught Casey say. 

"Who did you run into?" I asked, joining the conversation.

"Some baseball player," Casey's twin sister, Cassandra, answered hugging me, "He's hot though."

Casey, Cassie (Cassandra), and Thomas, congratulated me for passing my CPA and the boys went on talking about the baseball player they just met.

"Hey, are you okay?" Coleen asked me with a worried look on her face. I must still look shocked from seeing him.

"Yea, I just..." I answered, "I think I saw him."

"Saw who?" Cassie asked.

"Ken. Ken Deyer."