Intro

Life is fun. Haha. Sure. As I wake up in yet another day in this demeaning place, I await the day I can be of use. The day I can save someone. Because there is no hope for me now. No one can save me. I wake up in my usual hidden place: Castle Byers. Who knows who made it? It doesn't matter. Because I live here now. It's not like anyone will come and steal it from me anyway. I sit here for most of the day. I have nothing else to do, except watch. Watch for that thing. The thing that haunts me everyday. The thing that was the reason I was sent here. The thing that lives here, thrives here. A monster. The one that I watch for is the biggest one of all. It stays in the shadows, waiting until it's prey is at most vulnerability and attacks. And when it does, it happens slowly, yet all at once. It's giant, smoky, black body lifts out of it's hiding space and slowly turns towards the prey. The prey either tries to run or is paralyzed with fear. Either way, the monster stabs it's one of eight legs into the ground, and as it gets closer, the prey can see what it is really made out of. A shadow. A dark whisk of the wind, banded into a 100 ft tall spider-like creature. Once it almost touches the prey, it is noticeable that the shadow's leg is swirling. Not slowly and mesmerizingly, but aggressive and tornado-like. But by the time you realize that, it's leg has already surrounded you, and it then slowly feeds on you no matter where you are in the world. How I know all of that without having died myself? I've seen it. It's happened to few people luckily, but only a few people come here. Some of them were my friends. Most of them were my friends. I'm the only one left, but I probably won't be for long.