The Beginning

Worst. Day. Ever. It was the only thing on my mind as i stomped out of the green doors that we here in Boylston MA call Tahanto Regional Middle/High School. The whole first day of school was a mess. The worst part is that i should be happy. I’m tall (6’3”), starting the j.v. squad for our football team, and i have the girl of my dreams eating out of my hand. Oddly enough, it just made it worse. I changed a lot over the summer. at the end of eighth grade i was a weak lanky kid who didn’t shower more then 3 times a week and didn’t brush hist teeth in the morning. Now that same lanky kid is 160 pounds of pure muscle, who showered and brushed twice a day. Who knew? I’m half way across the parking lot when a girls voice breaks my thoughts. “Hey, are you alright?” It wasn’t just A voice it was THE voice. Anna Carville was suddenly walking next to me, matching me stride for stride. She’s short, 5’4” at the most, and defiantly the reason i wasn’t alright. It was a cold day out, Anna was wearing her redpure hockey sweatshirt and a pair of blue jeans with her dainty little sneakers on her feet, But then again i wear men size 12 so how could i judge on size. Her small round face poked out from her beautiful, glossy brown hair. I kept walking as she studied me with her concerned, blue eyes. “Look i’m sorry” She began. Darn straight you better be I thought. I go through all the trouble of trying to make you like me and now all i did was had to grow some muscle? You arn’t worth my time. “I’ve always tried to deny it. I always wanted a perfect guy and now your it.” She finished. I was enraged. As i reached the car door I snaped. “I’m done with you. I’ve always wanted love yes but not from some stupid girl who couldn’t take me for what i was.” I was done with her, almost on the verge of killing her. I opened the car door got in and slammed it. ” You can be a real dick sometimes you know that?” I looked over to see my sister start the car and begin to pull out of the parking space. ” Yeh well, she deserved it.” I said curtly as i glanced over my shoulder. Standing there was Anna of all people watching me as a tear was already makeing it’s way down her face. I began to wonder if mabey i came over alittle harsh, but in all reality i didn’t care. I went through my usual afternoon. Homework, supper, some video games and bed. It would have been a completly perfect afternoon if i could actually sleep. Was I too harsh? I thought. It dosn’t matter now, hell came and it almost stole her. Stole Anna from me.