Flashback

Sakura had been kept occupied by a lot of things, one of them being; hunting down the ones who stole something precious of her and her family. The one thing that could be used against any supernatural, immortal or hybrid. It was known as the most dangerous weapon in our history. They had tried to use it against those who had gained powers by changing species back in the 1340's. The supernatural beings had saved the watch, that could freeze time and make the immortals murder one another, right before the ones who tried to use it to slaughter those more powerful. The watch was dated from 1305, it was an ordinary watch but somehow it gained the power through an event which event remained unknown. But the ones who tried to steal it had been revealed quickly after they escaped, they called themselves 'Victores Ex Mortuis' which meant 'conquerors of the dead.'. They were well known for their massive slaughters amongst humans. Their addiction to killing not only humans but animals as well made them notorious. Blood flowed from the stab wounds created by tainted blades that never ceased to tire. They never got tired of it. They only desired to go through with this for decades but never succeeded.

In 1479, the Victores Ex Mortuis did another attempt on stealing the watch from Sakura's very own ancestors. The same task, the same immortals yet a different idea of how to steal it. Back then the watch was hidden underneath the ground in a safe that could only be accessed by the one who was in charge named Atheon Lo Alvaréz. It was highly protected by a spell that only he knew, "Odprite ta portal, ker sem eden glavni". The meaning of it was:'Open this portal for I am the one in charge.' It was simple and protected itself against intruders at least that was what he thought. They still knew how to take the watch from her ancestors away. Atheon didn't see any other choice but to go into war with those who stole the watch. A massacre took place that evening in which showed the strength of the Lo Alvarez against the supernaturals. They were so powerful, though they never showed anyone what they were capable of. Atheon believed he had killed them all but he had been mistaken, one had survived. From then on, her ancestor never heard anything about Victores Ex Mortuis nor had the watch been ever stolen again.

Until now, years later, the one she had feared most for had repeated itself once again. The one thing her grandfather had warned her for. She had to look out for those who might yet again make another attempt on getting the watch in their hands. Luckily, Sakura was a succubus and able to defend herself after all. She almost was certain of the fact that one of the 'Victores Ex Mortuis' had survived and created a new group of selfish, greedy immortals to try again to steal the watch.

After calling Scarlette and telling her what had happened, she knew she was already on her way to her home. She probably would bring guns, knives, daggers,... Anything that could be used in a battle like this. Sakura heard a rough push at the front door and realized it was only Scarlette that had entered with her bags filled with weaponry. "Hey." She replied quietly but audible enough for her to hear. Her gaze fell upon all the weaponry she had brought along. "Are you intending to kill a whole army? Because it sure as hell looks like it." She let a small laugh escape her tender lips before she immediately silenced herself and got back to reality when she heard Scarlette's voice again. "I won't tell Sebastian, don't worry. This will be kept between us, our secret. No one of my family needs to know about the mistake my ancestors had made by believing they could keep them away. They need to be vanquished for once and for all." Her voice sounded determined and confident of her own. When taking a couple weapons in her hand, she glanced over to Scarlette and nodded."Are you ready for this?"