Chapter 1

I roamed around this unfamiliar city. I grew more and more confused in the bustling train station. People were everywhere. It's not like my hometown. My uncle was supposed to pick me up but he got caught up at work so he couldn't.

My dad got a new job in Bangladesh and unfortunately, my mom decided to come with him too. My uncle agreed to take me in until I graduate. 

"Hey, are you okay?" A guy asked me. He was a couple of centimeters taller than me but had a very unusual fashion sense. He wore really short basketball shorts with a red windbreaker zipped up complete with a backwards baseball cap. 

"Yes, do you need anything?" I questioned him. I could see his hairline from the hole where the strap is and it seemed like he was another Jojo Siwa. 

"Isn't that a lot of baggage? Do you need help? I'll carry them for you." He grabbed one of the bags and started lift one up.

"No thanks, stranger!" I quickly took the bag and started running towards the exit.

Where am I? I thought. I started asking random people if they knew who my uncle was. Unfortunately, they did not. I don't know my uncle's address so searching it up is useless. I took a break at a nearby bench at a park and stared at the clear, blue sky. 

Back in elementary, I saw a shooting star in daylight. I marveled at the sight and started to follow it. 

I got lost.

My falling star, I thought before blacking out completely.

• • •

"Chloe! Chloe, I'm so sorry. I should've picked you up instead. I'm so sorry!" He quickly hugged me and checked my face if there were any injuries. 

"Uncle Saxon, I'm okay. But who are you?" I pointed out the elephant in the room. It was the same guy who wore weird clothes from the train station. 

"I'm Alex. I was the one who carried you here." He introduced himself.

"Ah, thanks," I smiled. 

 "You're welcome, Chun-chun.." he smiled back.

"Now," Uncle Saxon said, "Let's eat!"

• • •

I walked confidently to the school entrance. New friends, new life. Nothing can possibly go wrong, right?

"Hey, new kid! You need to go to the teacher's office." 

I turned around saw a girl waving her. I quickly apologized and asked her where it was. She directed me to the office, where I saw an unexpected face. She also told me her name: Anna. A teacher came up to me and gave me all the things I need. 

"Chun-chun?" He turned around. He wore a different uniform than the guys in this school. I was glad because I didn't want to be seen in public with him.

"You know Alex? He's so cool. He gave you a nickname too! I ship it!" the girl from earlier squealed. She waved at him and went out of the room to tell all her friends.

"You're going to this school? Dammit, thought you would go to mine." He sighed.

"Why? Where you can embarrass me more with your fashion sense? I'm kinda surprised that you're a high-school student. I thought you were a stalker or Uncle's annoying lover." I laughed. This kid's gonna stick to me like glue.

"All are wrong," Finger guns. "Anyways, my school is a couple of streets away from here. I need to go now." He waved bye before running towards the main entrance. 

I slowly made my way to my homeroom where I was properly introduced to the class by my uncle. The reason why I was in this school was because my uncle is a teacher.

"You can sit next to Noah at the back."  He quietly said.

"Hi, I'm Chloe." I greeted my seat mate. This guy was so immersed his music. He's kinda cute though.

"Hi."

Uncle cleared his voice and started flipping some pages. "Class is starting. Now turn to page 145."

I searched my bag for the textbook before realising that I was in a new school. I looked around if Uncle was paying any attention but he was too focused on the book more than his students.

"Ah, a textbook." I noticed him look at me and shuffled his book to the left side so I can see the book. I couldn't see much so I moved my desk closer to his. He wasn't looking at me, so I immediately felt a bad feeling go down my spine. I reached for the book to flip the next page but he pushed it away from him.

"I don't need it. It's all yours."

• • •

"Does anyone have any spare pencils? I think I lost mine." A girl said. It was recess. I noticed her earlier rummaging through her stuff.

"Um, I have one." I lifted my new spare pencil towards her.

"Thanks, can you give it to me later?" She walked outside the classroom and saw one of her friends then asked her the same question.

One step too fast. I sighed and took my lunchbox then started walking up the stairs.

• • •

The wind blew at my face as I stood on the rooftop. Making friends is hard. The railing that I was holding on was too tall so holding on the top was a bit difficult.

That jerk. Treating me like I'm bacteria. I remembered what happened during class. I stood for a couple more minutes before someone interrupted me.

"Geez Chun-chun, eating by yourself?" Alex asks. His presence shocks her a bit causing her to jump. "Also why are you here? I think this place is prohibited."

"Why are you here? Don't you go to a different school?" She retorted back.

"I do, but there's an upcoming event involving our two schools. Both of the student councils have to talk to the principals about what we're doing. And I'm Vice President of my council." He stated proudly.

"Yeah, sure. I came through the window." Chloe sighed. "Why are you here?"

"The door was open."

"Oh."

"Making any friends?" He asks. He walked to where I was and leaned against the railings.

"No, a girl asked for a pencil earlier so I gave her one. She told me to give it to her later, then asked someone else." I slouched on the railing even more.

"Could it me that you're making things difficult? You don't have to be nervous or anything. Everyone is the same age, so you might have something in common with them." He started copying me.

"If I didn't know you, and someone asked me to be their friend, I'd be really happy." He turned to her and smiled.

"Thanks, I'll try that." I smiled back.

"I need to go now. Your uncle told me to walk you home. See you later." He left me with a wave.

"I'll start with Noah." I fist pumped the sky before finishing my lunch.