Back In Time

Sharp winds stung my sore face as I grumpily stalked into the mossy school gate. pulling my heavy back pack off my sore back and hung it on the sharp little hook in the glumly class room. Waiting for the headmistress, Elijah Binder to angrily yell in my ear again for being late, I scraped dead bits of skin off my soft flesh. At a school of 58 students headmistress can always tell if one of us is late or absent. March 15th was the date the new school would finally open and today was the last day on Sc***l Rd. for good. "Lucy, why do you insist on always being late, disturbing my class and day dreaming in my lessons?!" BANG a hard wood cracked against my lower back, making my already sore body to shiver in fright. spinning around my body felt like spiders where crawling inside out in my body. the unmistakable sound of bell filled my red ears, suddenly the back legs of my chair snapped and my sore legs flew into the motionless air. Failing to keep my balance, I somehow landed painfully face first into the wooden ground. screeches of laughter rang in my stiff ears. running ike a bullet from the cruel students behind me.

Smashing the smooth door knocking the rusty hinges, the nasty laughter ross, like dangerous prey to a fresh slice of meat, it ate me, slowly and painfully.

August 8th 1870 was the day Hellish Mount Primary School rose from the wormy dirt and soft soil. It was the most horrific day of my life.

The soft summer sun like a torch in the brightened blue sky, shining warmth on the school. Children's legs kicked at the hard ground, trying to swing higher and higher into the fresh sky. other children played with spinners and poppers while laughing at their friends. as i walked around, a ginormous bull dozer caught my eye making me jump in surprise at the monster. my redden skin gridded on the ash felt shooting needles through my hand. Blood started trickling from my pain-filled hands, the bright blue sky started tuning an ugly grey and fat raindrops pelted from the darkened sky.

938 years later.

Screams fill my ears and the lines go all crooked, "why can't anything be normal here" I think not even realising how judgemental it sounded. The slow bus is boring, the disturbingly hard work is boring, everything is boring! If it was up to me, I wouldn't be going to this horrible school!!! But of course it's never up to me!!! Why won't my parents get me an iPhone? Kirsty has one, Brendan has one. Everyone has one. "Nah nah nah nah nah Becky's big Becky's wide hide behind Becky because there's the high tide!" The nasty boys teased the girl in front of me. "Bully's" I thought. Why didn't I say it out loud?

Thank you for reading my short story. Please remember that none of the events actually accrued and are completely made up by myself.