Chapter 1

Rosaline's POV

Today was like any other day. I had school, work at a local cafe, homework etc I can into the living room just before dinner to find my mum talking to my little brother, Luke. He's 12, has blonde hair and big brown eyes, great for helping him get his way.

My mum and Luke were talking rather intensely and quickly.

My mum has a pretty intense job as the founder of start up coffee company so she is hardly ever home, since my dad left its mostly me and Luke at home.

"What are you guys talking about?" I asked.

"I need to tell you something important, so, have a seat and hear me out", She said

"Okat, you're acting strange, what's going on?", I replied asked.

"Ok so I've been under a lot of pressure at work and I haven't been coming home untill late at night and with you two kids to look after it's been really hard so... I called your dad..."

"And?", I questioned not liking where this was going. He left pretty early on in mine and Luke's lives and have only seen him twice in the last 5 years.

"And... I think you and Luke should go and live with him for a while" she said, trailing off slightly at the end.

"Why on earth?" I questioned raising an eyebrow, I was trying to keep calm but our dad isn't exactly father of the year.

"Look I'm under a lot of pressure and I'm not home very often and I think you should spend some times with your father" she explained sounding exhausted.

"Luke what do you think?" I asked, Luke has very little memories of our dad and it has always been a touchy subject with him.

"I-I don't really know", He stammered. "If it helps you mum I'll go I don't wanna make life harder for you" He stammered out.

"So Rosaline will you go?" my mum asked in a pleading tone.

Going to live with my dad would mean leaving my home of 17 years, my school, my friends and my job. I'm not thrilled with the idea of seeing my dad after all this time either. And yet, I find myself saying.

"Yeah I mean, it could be fun right?" I state hesitantly.

"I'm sure it'll be fine and who knows you might like living with your dad", mum said.

"I doubt it", I muttered under my breath. this will be one interesting year......