Title your Story Part

The Day. It began like any other but was different. By that night it was the last Day. I had coffee and got dressed after a shower. I never made it to work, actually, I only traveled 3 blocks, many miles from my place of business. The bodies were everywhere after the first scan. I got home after the second scan. The scan was a light blue and very fast. I saw dogs fall over dead after a scan as I got home.

The news channels went dark first, then, the radios, and, finally, the internet after 2pm. I looked out my window and the sky had turned red. Fires burned in the sky and getting smokey.

The scans came every 45 seconds. First north, then south, and then east, and finally the west. You could not stop not watching them. I was memorized.

I saw the ships that were doing the scanning and they took up the whole sky. After 4pm, I saw them going house to house. They were 5 feet tall in blue pants and blue shirts with guns in their hands. The guns looked like machine guns. They were in groups of 7 going into each home.

They were next door at the Bradley's. They went in and 2 minutes later they were out. They came onto my lawn and I let go of the drapes that I was peering out of as I sat on my sofa. I did not move.

The front door blew open and they came in. They spread out in formation. Two of the pumpkin skulled beings stopped a few stops in front of me and pointed their guns at me and fired. I felt a burn like hot salsa in my mouth for a moment and then nothing. This was my last Day.