Short Chapter

Whilst investigating the death of a local fishmonger, an intuitive gardener called Alison Rockatansky uncovers a legend about a supernaturally-cursed, magic book circulating throughout Scotland. As soon as anyone uses the book, he or she has exactly 203 days left to live.

The doomed few appear to be ordinary people during day to day life, but when photographed, they look upside-down. A marked person feels like a derelict giraffe to touch.

Alison gets hold of the book, refusing to believe the superstition. A collage of images flash into her mind: a crumpled koala balancing on a ginger fishmonger, an old newspaper headline about a magic accident, a hooded koala ranting about ankles and a drinking well located in a beautiful place.

When Alison notices her eyes have giraffe-like properties, she realises that the curse of the magic book is true and calls in her daughter, a doctor called Jessica Jones, to help.

Jessica examines the book and willingly submits herself to the curse. She finds that the same visions flash before his eyes. She finds the crumpled koala balancing on a ginger fishmonger particularly chilling. She joins the queue for a supernatural death.

Alison and Jessica pursue a quest to uncover the meaning of the visions, starting with a search for the hooded koala. Will they be able to stop the curse before their time is up?