I: Is this my destiny?

It was another normal day. Another boring day. Florence didn't think she had been so bored in her life. The thirteen year old girl had always had a sense of adventure to her, and she hated being bored. So she decided to test herself on yesterday's magic lesson. She headed toward her backyard, which was full of wildflowers. It was a slightly windy March day, and when Florence stepped outside, a breeze blew at the skirt of her purple dress. She stopped at a patch of white flowers. She picked one, closed her eyes, and almost silently repeated the words her teacher had taught her. When she opened her eyes, the flower had turned a shade of dark purple. Florence was now very pleased with herself. She was about to change another flower when she heard a voice. "Hi Florence." Florence whirled around, and then she felt herself blush. It was Jonathan Barnavelt, her magic teacher's son. "Hi." she said shyly. Unfortunately, she also had a crush on him. He was a bit older then her, maybe by a couple months, but they appeared the same age. "My dad wanted me to give this to you." Jonathan said uncertainty. He held out a small purple gemstone on a gold chain. "Its an amulet." he said. Florence was in shock. Out was the prettiest gem she had ever seen. She looked up, and saw that Jonathan was watching her admiringly. Then she knew. The amulet was from him, not his father. Florence decided to go for it. "Thank you." she said. She leaned in, and placed a delicate kiss on his cheek. Then she realized what she had done. She backed away. "I...i..." Jonathan suddenly looked worried. "No, it's alright!" he said, grabbing her hand. Florence froze. She had never held hands with a boy before. She felt her heart start to pound. Then she made up her mind. "I have to go." She said before letting go of his hand and running inside.