Mistakes aren't always bad

The ending song was playing loudly, while the credits were rolling down the screen of Inseong's laptop. Behind the names of the all actors and actresses, was a picture of a couple smiling happily at the camera.

Inseong pushed his round glasses up his nose, and tried to swallow down the bitter taste in his mouth. He had followed this drama for nearly half a year, and now it was over. He knew the characters like if they were his family, and now he could never meet them again.

That wasn't the only reason he felt down though. That goddamn couple ended up together, and they looked so cute, and perfect, and shit, why didn't he have a love life like that?

Inseong loved romance dramas, and not those melodramatic ones for grown ups, but those who were targeted at adolescent girls. Something a 23 year old guy would not normally enjoy. He had watched countless of cheesy love stories, but he just never got tired of it, even though it made him painfully aware of his lack of love life.

Truth is, Inseong's experience with love was limited to one girlfriend he had when he was 17, who broke up with him before they even got to second base.

"I swear, I'm a hopeless case! Why can't I just get a damn girlfriend!?"

Inseong grabbed a pillow from his bed and threw it against his wall, in an attempt to release his frustration, but it didn't work.

He then decided to do what he always did when he felt down; call his best friend, Youngbin, to rant about his worries. They'd known each other since middle school, and they could always talk to each other whenever they needed help, but Inseong suspected that Youngbin was starting to get a bit tired of his constant rants about wanting a girlfriend.

He walked over to his desk and picked his phone up.

"Right, fuck. I have yet to transfer the contacts", Inseong hissed to himself, as he remembered. He'd bought a new phone just yesterday, and lazy as he was, he hadn't transferred anything from his old phone yet, including his contacts.

Luckily for Inseong, he knew Youngbin's phone number as well as if it was his own. He quickly typed the numbers into his phone, but stopped at the last digit. Wait, did it end with a 4 or a 2?

"Shit, I really thought i knew this"

'It's 2 right? It has to be', he thought before hitting the button, and pressing 'call'.

Three signals went by, before the call connected. At that point all worries about the phone number had left Inseong's mind. Now, he just wanted to rant.

"Hel-", the person at the other end answered, but he was quickly cut off.

"Youngbiiiin, why the fuck am I so lonely!? Why can't I just get a girlfriend already!? At this point I'll die alone! Can't you set me up with someone or something, shit!", Inseong shouted into the phone, not caring whether he caused his friend to go deaf.

He stopped screaming to catch his breath, and to let Youngbin answer. Not that he really could help Inseong with this, since he himself didn't really have great luck with the ladies.

"Um... Sorry, what?", the voice on the other side said confused.

Inseong froze. That didn't sound like Youngbin at all. Maybe he was just playing a prank on him, altering his voice, just to mess with him.

"Youngbin...?", Inseong asked, voice slightly shaking, silently praying to all the gods he knew of, that the person he had just shouted at, was indeed his best friend.

"I'm sorry, but my name is not Youngbin. You must have called the wrong number", the now confirmed stranger answered softly, trying to hold his laughter back.