The Coffee Shop

Bristol.

The sky was grey, the air was damp and it looked like it was going to rain. Great first impressions.

I moved here to start a fresh. I had gotten in a bad fight with my parents back home in Brighton, again, as I had finally had enough. I used all my money that I had been saving for 6 years to buy a shabby shed in the middle of nowhere. Well to be quite honest, town was a 10 minute walk but it felt like it was deep into the country side as tall green trees surrounded me. It was all I could afford.

As I thanked the taxi driver for dropping me off, I yanked all my bags from out the boot and slammed it shut to confirm that he could now drive away. I turned and looked as this 'house' that I had just bought. Shit. It was absolutely Shit. However, as I said, my money didn't stretch far enough and so this is what I have to work with. It was made out of wood and it had a small set of stairs leading up to a patio at the front of the house. It had small tacky windows and a roof with missing tiles. That was it. I forced myself to look on the bright side, at least I wasn't with my parents anymore.

At the age of 21 you would think that I should have moved out already anyway. But you see, I have had a small part-time job for the passed 6 years working at Primark. I got that job as soon as I turned 16 just so I could get money to move out and stop relying on my parents. Not that they were reliable in the first place. I managed to save up a total of £8,000 working the longest hours and the most amount of days possible, just to live in this Shit Hole of a shed.

I placed all my suitcases and bags on the damp wooden floor and examined the house. It had a few kitchen counters and a small basic fridge. Along side was a cheap cooker with a rusty handle. The lounge wasn't much better. A chair with a lamp and a broken bookshelf. Not even a TV. I went to the bedroom, which thankfully contained a metal framed bed and a damp mattress. At least I won't be sleeping on the floor. I didn't even want to look in the bathroom.

I sighed and pushed my had into my pocket to reveal the time on my phone. 4.45 pm. Still time to go to town and get a coffee, seeing as there was no kettle in sight. I locked the door even though it wouldn't be stopping anyone from breaking in, you could push the wall and it would wobble and most likely snap.

Just as I reached the brim of the town, the heavens opened and got me soaked. Great, no coat. I ran, desperately looking for some sort of coffee shop to get warm and dry in. After a couple minutes of searching, a coffee shop appeared opposite me. I looked both ways before dashing across the road. I collided with the door and pushed the handle. No. I looked up to see a set of dark, chocolate brown eyes looking back at me. His hand was turning the open sign to closed. No. My posture slumped and I looked towards the ground. Where the hell to I find another coffee shop?

I look back up to see the door wide open and the chocolate eyed boy giggling an addictive giggle.

'Are you coming in or what?' He chuckled.

'Thanks' I say shyly with a slight giggle too.

The door shuts behind be and I hear the sign clang against the window, the shop was now closed.

Hope you liked my first chapter! Tell me what you think of it and what you think might happen later on in the story! Don't forget to vote!!!!!!!!!!!