The Past

Claryssa POV.

I wake up from the nightmare that always haunting my sleep from the past two years. My heart beat fast like I just run in a marathon. I search for the cup at the night stand and pour some water in it. After I drink, my heartbeat become more relaxed.

I pick my phone under the pillow to check what time is it now. It's already fifteen pass six in the morning. I leaned my head at the bed frame and hugged my Bubsy, the teddy bear that accompany me every night. My minds start playing back the unforgettable memory that haunted my dream since the past year.

______________________________________

"We're getting married!", Kyle, my best friend told me with excited voice. My heart crushed into thousands of pieces after hear that news.

"Congratulation.", I said to both of them as I try to control my voice so that they can't hear my frustration in it.

"Thank you! I know it's so sudden, but we need to fit it in before I transferred to New Jersey.", Addison told me while showing off her ring. The ring is so beautiful with huge diamond on it. I bet it cost lots of money. My eyes getting heavy as I try very hard to prevent the tears from falling down. My chest felt chocked with overload of emotion. I don't know which feeling my face shown to them.

"And you have to be Addison bridesmaid. I know you're busy, but you can take one day leave since  you're my best friend right?", Kyle interrupting Addison. I felt like thunderstorm happen in my head right now.

How could he ask me to take part in their wedding. He knew that I have feeling for him before he rejected me. He told me that he only see me as a friend and he already fall in love with other women. The woman itself is my cousin, Addison.

Few weeks after I confessed my feeling to him, he started dating with Addison. My heart crushed into pieces after I heard the news from my parents. I stay on my bedroom for weeks without doing anything. All I do is crying until my eyes hurt from excessive tears produced. It takes years for me to move on from my feeling. I think I still had feeling for him since this news really broke me.

"It's all because of you Claire. It wouldn't happen if it wasn't for you. Thank you!", Addison immediately gives me a hug. Now I felt regrets introducing Addison to him. Maybe, if I didn't introduce her to Kyle, he might fall in love with me right?

"I'm sorry. I can't attend to your wedding because I've been promoted to other agencies in Rome. I have to report myself to them by next week.", I tried to find excuse from attending to their wedding. It's true that I've been promoted, but I hadn't decide whether to accept it or not until now since it's the best way for me to run away. Far away from him.

"Congratulation! Finally, your dreams come true!" Kyle gives me a hug. A drop of my tear fell down unexpectedly as I embrace tightly in his arms. Little that he knows that married to him is my very first dream since the day that I met him. A dream that already destroyed few minutes ago.

"Wow! So much of good news today. Let's  celebrate at La Vela tonight.", Addison told her plans for tonight. I release myself from Kyle's arms and quickly wipe my tears before they realize it.

" It's a good plan, but I have so many things to do. Other than packing, I have to prepare documents for my visa. Well, it's Italy you know. Too strict for immigrants." I give another excuses to avoid my heart from getting more damaged.

I can see their face changes after I turned down their invitation. But, I can't keep myself  near them any more minutes. My tears counting seconds before they drops from my eyes. Later that night, the night after Kyle rejected me five years ago repeats itself again.