Prologue

"What are you doing here?" A voice echoed throughout the vast cavern of glistening quartz. "This is not your place." The shadow to whom he was speaking to simply shook its head and spread its black tendrils across the floor. The moment they came into contact with the ivory floor, they burst into ink, flowing further into the cavern. "You shall not take my life," the glowing figure spoke, three voices speaking in harmony.

He raised his hand with the strength and power to rival the gods himself, and after all, he was one. The pure burst of light was nearly impossible to describe. It overflowed, streaking across the reflections and shadows that covered the area. It torrented into the black creature's body, splattering its unclean remains onto the ground.

"Impure vagrant." The god growled at its entrails and it's bloody body glistening like latex on the cold floor of bleached darkness.

He scooped up the ink in the floor, and in one gulp, swallowed it, along with the rest of the shadow.

As he walked back, his head gave a jerk, and his eyes bled with goo. The tendrils which he had swallowed burst open again, flooding the cavern with ebony ink. And at that moment, everything there perished.
Even death himself.

As the creature of darkness stood triumphant, its body started to decay. It screamed and writhed in pain, but it would not die. It stood there, its body in perpetual agony. Its claws ripped at its chest and he split into fourteen shards. These stained pieces of glass scattered over the cavern opening, littered like rain into the earth below.

The earth accepted its gift, and this was the beginning of the end, and the end of the beginning.

Obsidian covered the land in jagged spikes and souls and hearts and bones were pierced and broken.

Welcome to oblivion.