Beautiful Day

It’s a beautiful day. The day is warm and vibrant. I’m sitting on one of the tables outside the cafe. The building’s a creamy yellowish color with huge windows. It has round white granite tables, with three black metal chairs. I sit at a table, watching the shades of yellow and orange dance in the water of the river bank. Many of the people smile and wave as they float by on gondolas. I smile and wave back. It all seems like a dream, being here, in such a magical place. I feel like a princess waving to everyone, from my palace.

“Ciao” he says. I turned startled, to see Gianluca standing in black jeans, a blue and white Elvis Presley shirt, and black sun glasses. He laughs, “Scusa, I didn't mean to startle you.”

“It’s fine.” I say smiling. I get up from the table, smooth out my pink sun dress, and hug him. A waitress walks over, ending our hug. She's extremely pretty. I feel like the ugly duckling, just standing here. She’s tall and tan; she has straight blonde hair going down to her waist, and green eyes.

“Ciao, can I get you anything?” she asks us, with a smile.

He removes his sunglasses and replies with a smile, “No grazie.”

I stutter and reply the same thing.

“Okay, well if you need anything, I'll be inside.” she says, as she walks away. As we watch her leave, I start to worry. He didn't get anything, is he going to leave, but he just got here. He wouldn’t leave, he couldn't. I turn to look at him, trying to hide my fear. He smiles and notices my worried expression. “Unless you want to stay here?” he asks.

“What do you mean?” I ask, confused.

“It’s a beautiful day.” he answers, as he starts to walk toward the center of town. He stops. The sun illuminating him, like a spotlight. He looks gorgeous, with his perfect complexion and his black hair just starting to curl. Those salmon pink lips part slowly to expose his straight, white, teeth, with a smile. His hazel eyes seem lighter, and more dazzling in the sun. He holds his hand out toward me.

“I want to show you the beauty of Roma.” he said.

I smile and slowly walk toward him. I take his hand, which he wraps around mine.

"I'll take that as a yes, then." he says. And we strolled into town, watching the sun start to set.