Life Changes

Life Changes.

By Jenna M. Williams

Amber Tate was born and raised in Mississippi.  She was born a beautiful, healthy, blonde, baby girl, with big shiny hazel eyes. She was the happiest little girl the human race could have ever known. That was until she turned 13, and her father was sentenced to five years in prison. She’d went from  saying things like “I love you mommy.” to “I can do whatever I want! You’re not the boss of me!” Amber's dad was not only her father he was her best friend. Amber's teenage years went downhill from there. When she turned fourteen Amber dyed her hair black as night and started wearing all black clothing. When she turned fifteen she got a lot of unapproved piercings, and never listened to her mother anymore.

Amber Tate had a complete life change.

Chapter 1:

     “Just great...Friday. Whoopty damn doo.” Amber said sarcastically, as she got out of bed. She stepped into the bathroom and did the usual brush your teeth and took a shower. She absolutely hated having such a long hair so she just left it alone. She got dressed in a black T-shirt and skin tight leather pants with chains on them. She put her un-done homework in her black and red book bag. She closed her door and made her way down stairs and into the dining room and threw her bag by the door.

“Good morning Amber!” Alyssa, Amber's little cousin exclaimed. Alyssa has lived with Amber since she was three because of her parents’ fatal car accident. Amber didn’t respond to her little cousins greeting.

“Hi honey. Sleep well last night?” Her mom asked, trying to start conversation with her daughter. All Amber did was sigh, at her mother. She never felt like talking to her mom anymore.

      Around 7:00, Amber started walking to school so she could be there at 7:30. She sighed as she saw all the normal kids walking and their friends. She watched them as they joked, laughed, and talked with each other. Amber looked at her pale hands, sickened with herself. Sad, lonely, and pathetic is how she felt like. She was beautiful in the face she just didn’t realize it. People stared and moved away as Amber entered the school doors. Being that she was deemed 'creepiest girl in school', she couldn’t even complain.

     On her way to class, the cheerleaders giggled and pointed at her. Amber rolled her eyes. “Nothing better to do, I see?” she thought to herself. All throughout class she wasn’t paying attention, as usual. The teacher called on her occasionally and the kids laughed when she didn’t know the answers to the questions she was asked. But she didn’t care, she was used to it.

At lunch time, she watched the other kids talk and interact with each other. She also observed as the kids made fun of her. She almost never ate anything which explains why she is so skinny and pale. Of course, the cheerleaders had to make sure that all attention was on them so they made a point in laughing loudly. Amber gave them “the finger” and turned away. The head cheerleader, Angel, caught Amber flipping her off and walked over to confront her.

“What’s your problem Tate?” Angel was acting like she was...well...an angel! The rest of the squad came over and stood behind Angel like the followers they were. Now that Amber had a crowd it was time for the jokes to start. “Your name might be Amber, but you damn sure don’t shine.” Angel started laughing, so the followers did what they do best, and followed.

“Your name might be Angel but you act like the Devil.” Now it was Amber who was laughing.

      Angel’s face turned cherry red with anger and the bell rang. All the children scattered to class like little roaches in light. Angel’s lips got close to Amber’s ear as she started to walk, and she whispered "You watch your little gothic back, Tate.” The entire squad gave Amber a rude look as they followed Angel out of the cafeteria.

      Amber got home from her drama filled day, and all she wanted to do was go to sleep. Instead she came home to see her mother’s red face, standing near the phone. “Go to your room Amber!” she stated quietly.

“No, I'm not five, mom. I'm sixteen I can do what I want.”

Her mom took a deep breath, “You know we DO NOT solve problems with violence in this family, Amber!" Amber gave her mom the 'what-the-heck-are-talking-bout-woman' face.   

“Don’t look at me like you don’t know what I’m talking about. Hitting Angel Reese in the face today at lunch? That’s not how we handle things in this household!" Now Amber gave her mom the 'are-you-drunk-out-of-your-mind' face.

“Mom, I never even-" 

"Amber Renée Tate no more attitude! Room now!” She screamed causing her face to get even redder. Amber shook her head in disbelief, at her mother. How could she not believe her own daughter’s word?

“God, I hate you!” Amber yelled stomping upstairs to her room and slammed the door.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Wow!! First story! I hope you guys enjoy this first chapter because I’m honestly not that confident in it. But I hope you guys enjoy it. I was inspired to write by my older cousin Ashleigh, (story writing legend) Hope you enjoyed ‘cause there’s more where that came from. And don’t forget to leave comments. Don’t be shy if you have any cool ideas for me to put in my story.

Thanks for reading! :3 Bai!!:D