Chapter 1

"McKenna!"
"Sorry Elise."
I rubbed my eyes to see my little sister, Elise, jumping on my bed. Really Elise? This early!

I rolled over and turned my alarm clock off , aka the one I always sleep through...  Downstairs, I was joined with Elise, Cody, Ben, & Hershey. Elise is only 5 and Cody & Ben are 7 years old. They are twins. Just like Lukas & I.

"Good Morning, Hershey!" I spoke, petting Hershey. Hershey is a German shepard and I have  had him for 2 years. I got him for my 12th birthday.  He is my guard.

I take my medicine & head back to my room. Elise follows me upstairs. She knows I hate it when she follows me. She's just too hyper in the morning unlike Cody & Ben. I went to my closet. Game day. I grabbed my jersey & my hoodie and put them on my bed. I head to Elise's room and grab my soccer bag. I throw in a pair of jeans, sweats, sandals, hair tyes, and my wallet.

"Elise. Can you please leave?"
"Anything for you Kenna."
And just like that shes gone.
I called Emily & she picks up. I chnage into my jersey while telling her about Chris. She just laughs as she changes into uniform. I grab my shorts and slide them on. I grab my phone and head down stairs to meet my mom for a snack.

"Hey there Mrs. Goulding!"
My mom isn't keen about Emily but shes cool. My mom just replies with a hello and hands me an apple. I run up the stairs with Hershey following. I reach my room and plop into the bed. I put on my socks and stare at the clock behind me.

9:30am.

The game starts in 1 hour. I slide my shinguards into my socks and head to my mirror. I brush my hair while Emily fights with her brother, Alex. I continue laughing as I secure my ponytail with 2 hair ties. I put my lucky headband on and clean up the small mess I created. When I'm done with that, I put my cleats on. I put my bag on my shoulder.

And beliveeeee againnnn!

I get to the gane with Chloe & Nessa & we meet up with our team. I was lucky 23. On the field now. I have the ball and I'm dribbling up the field. I'm trying to score.

I feel 500 hugs and loud cheering. I made it. I made it! I open my eyes and hug everyone.  I head back to my spot and wink to Hershey. I love Hershey so much. Next to me is Amanda. Amanda Mullins. She is one of my best friends. She so sweet and her brother, Travis is also sweet ;)

"Game victory! Pizza on me!" Coach says softly in the group huddle. I look directly at the ground, hoping for the life of me, that coach doesnt bring up the accident.

The one that might have killed my father?!

The one that almost killed me?!

The one that left me traumatized!