VIP (Dustin×Jonathan)

Warnings: fluff
Word count: 822

"They wouldn't want me."
"You're fine, Jonathan."
"What if they don't like me?"
"They will. Everything is fine."

For the past 15 minutes, the cellist had been flipping out, anxiety attacks everywhere. This was his first show in months, and to make it worse, his first show out of the US. Usually, Mariko would take his place when STARSET toured out of America, but he chose to go this time and he was starting to regret it. He didn't know how the fans would react, he was suffering from jet lag despite how much sleep he's gotten prior to arriving at the venue, he wasn't in a good mood overall. Right now, he and his best friend Dustin were in their dressing room finishing getting ready. Recently they've been hanging out a lot more than usual and it was slightly suspicious to the other members; they have an idea that the two are seeing each other. Maybe it was true, maybe it wasn't, no one -not even the two themselves- knew for certain. Dustin's single and looking, Jonathan's single and not looking, Jonathan is completely oblivious to Dustin's flirting. Jonathan knew Dustin was bisexual so it was a possibility but he didn't dwell on it. Not that it mattered, anyway, because Jonathan was straight. Or, he thought... The tall man stood in front of the singer, fixing his bowtie for him as there was no mirror nearby handy. His hands were shaking and it was quite obvious. "It's okay, Jonathan," he was reassured once more and he gave a hesitant nod in response, forcing a smile. Dustin cupped his cheeks for a moment before pulling away and guiding him out of the room and to where everyone else was. They sat in their spots at the table to give autographs. A bit later after pictures, they placed themselves in a different part of the room for the acoustic set. Dustin and Jonathan were right next to each other and looked at each other lovingly throughout, just to keep each other calm and happy. Comforted. Seeing the fans not complaining made Jonathan feel better and more welcomed. They got done and they returned to the dressing room. Or, Jonathan and Dustin did, anyway. The other members needed a restroom break so they left them alone. The remaining two men sat on the couch, both of their heads on the back of the couch, their eyes closed. Enjoying not needing to do anything until they had to go back out which wasn't for another two hours. "Hey, Jon?" He heard the shorter but more muscular guy ask, causing him to tilt his head so he saw him and raise an eyebrow. "What's up?" He responded and sat up. The other just chuckled and shook his head, which left him clueless and a bit frustrated if he may admit. But, he gave in and started laughing along. This went on for a couple moments and Dustin ended up leaning with his head on Jonathan's shoulder and earning a subtle blush and a smile from him. "You good now?" Jonathan asked as he looked down at him, and Dustin nodded. "What did I tell you? Everyone would love you. And they did." Jonathan nodded and leaned his head back again. "Yeah, I suppose you're right." Dustin picked his head up to gaze at him while he had the chance without being caught, and just stared, staring until his vision went blurry and he was having a daydream. He stopped himself soon and shook his head and moved next to him again. Maybe he was clingy. Crushing hard on him. Too hard, possibly. He wasn't taking any chances at being disowned so he decided it was best to keep his distance. And he did. When he moved away, Jonathan felt empty, no longer comforted and loved. He didn't know how to describe it, he's never felt it before. He opened his eyes and looked over at Dustin who was sitting criss cross and his head down as he stared at his phone. Jonathan leaned over and hugged him tight. "Thank you for being here for me when no one else was," he said quietly, his face burying into his shoulder so he didn't need to risk embarrassing himself. Dustin picked his head up once more and glanced at him quick, shrugging. "It's no big deal, nothing wrong with keeping your buddies happy." Then, he gently kissed his temple, and grinned with a blush. "You deserve it." Jonathan felt his own smile form and he looked back at him, butterflies fluttering in his stomach and chest. "Thank you," he repeated and pulled his head away but kept his arms around him. The kiss made Jonathan question whether he had feelings for him as well the entire time. Every time they shared a moment like then he felt himself growing more and more attached.