Black Snow (1st book)

Chapter 1

This is the 2nd move this year, from San Francisco now in Los Angeles. I never had permanent friends, address or school. We travel a lot because of my parents’ work. My dad says we’ll stay ‘till I graduate High School. So, I have more years to waste ‘till we move… again. They say this year is a special year. That something incredible might happen and I highly doubt it. I’m now enrolled in a new school and so here is my story.

June 23, 2011 we arrived in our new LA home (home at LA and), it was a big old three-story home with a basement. The basement is for my mother’s study. I’m not allowed in there, which I really don’t want because I’ve heard things from his previous one.

“Arla, dear, it’s time for dinner” my mother said. My mother’s skin is white as snow, green eyes like leaves on trees, beautiful chestnut eyes and a heart shaped face.

“Yes mother (mom – traditional call of most teenaged Americans), I’ll come to the dining room in a second” I said. I’ve always been… simple, alone, peaceful. Since I was a child I didn’t get a lot of friends. It’s because every year we always transfer to one town to another transferred so why make friends when you won’t even last too long. This time I need to have friends.

Malchite High School. Most of the school was made from it. As I walked in, gladly I wasn’t noticed, I blended in.  Locker 346… (As I read from a sheet of paper my mom gave to me) I found a sign pointed to the left and read it: Locker 341-350. I went to the direction the sign told me to go: to the left. Here I am walking wearing my jeans and hoodie over my black shirt. I wanted to blend in, I suppose, like “normal” high school. There were classifications on everything. People looked at me to see if I were anyone. They looked and turned.

Room 5. I went straight trying to find it. A flood of students went my way I kept walking the opposite direction until… “Ah!” I (fell down to the ground) got pushed down. A guy who looked just as out of place like me bumped into me.

“Ah oh sorry” He said to me while pulling me up
“It’s Alright” I said looking away

He looked out of place but I can’t help the feeling that – no, no, I mean he wasn’t that handsome but he has this puke that’s kind of … attracting

“Are you okay?” he asked
“A-ah yeah… yeah!” I said very shyly
“That’s great… uhm can I ask what room you’re from?”
“Uh. Yeah. I’m in room 3”
“Room 2”
“U-uh I’m in… room 3/2 so why don’t we go together?”
“I suppose they’re next to each other”
“So--- what’s your name?”
“It’s Minato Homazuki and you are?”
“Aria Mohime”
“Not a bad name. Just like air” and then he laughed so hard and then he stretched his hands and reached for my hands and lifted me up.
“WOW, you aren’t too heavy, haha, you can say ‘light as air’” he said while smiling
“Wah! Let me go!” I shouted, trying to break away from him and then he let me go and he laughed
“Sorry, sorry but hey, can’t you say it was fun?”

I punched him in the arm… even though we just met feels like we’ve met, before. We arrived in between the room 2 and 3 “See ya later” he waved petting me on the head and left to enter his room.

I was alone in the hallway and I breathed hard and opened the doorknob and went inside the classroom. Everybody was noisy and talking to someone else. They all stopped and starred at me with their cold stare. Some girls, who were in pink looked and pointed at me and later laughed. Populars. I went to an empty seat at the back then the bell rang and a tall blonde woman came in the classroom

“Right on the dot. Hello room 3, I am Ms. Edwardoon. I will be you Adviser for this school year. I hope we all get along and I hope that you know all about the rules” she said (grinning)
“Do we have any new students?”  She asked, then I raised my hand “And you are?” she asked
“Aria Mohime” I said
“Are you half…”
“I’m half Japanese and American”
“oooohhh!” the whole class said in chorus