A Day In The Life Of A Zombie

I’m wandering around walking aimlessly through the alleyway having a familiar scent on my nose. I hear a few thumping noises coming from the distance I slowly start walking towards the strange noises. 

       I see a few people running around, my stomach starts to growl the last time I ate was last week. I slowly start to limp towards them remembering my scar from the last encounter with these survivors one of them attacked me; he hit my leg with a baseball bat fiercely shattering the bone. I have no feeling in my body so luckily I didn’t really feel it happen at all but I saw it happen.

       As I continuously limp towards them, they notice me and start backing up quickly getting frightened at the sight of my half-rotten face. I go to attack them; I reach out and grab one. I pull him in closely and take a bite out of his neck, blood squirting everywhere. He screams at the top of his lungs. He knows it’s too late to turn back now; we all knew that when we were bitten. I continue to eat him alive. He gives up his will and tells his friends to run.  They ditch him and start cowardly running away into the distance. He continuously struggles and shakes. He keeps moving around until finally he dies and my buddies arrive and take the rest of my breakfast.

     After my snack, I go and walk through the shopping area of the city. We zombies know it’s the place survivors go to get their supplies, so we often camp there. I hear my fellow zombies groaning and moaning as they wander around like me, but I sometimes wonder who I was or what I did before I woke up and was like this. Did I have a family? Did I have a good job? Where did I live? What did I do for my job? What was my name? I don’t know if the other zombies wonder this because we barely communicate other than groaning at each other.

    My fellow zombies and I notice at least ten survivors. We all start limping and walking towards them. We wanted another meal because our thirst for human flesh will never end. They start beating my people, killing them off, and slowly bashing their heads in. I hear screaming coming from the survivors as one of them is bitten. I look at my target and start lunging myself towards him. He swings his baseball bat directly at my head. I fall over and he stands above me looking me in the eye before smashing that baseball bat into my skull. My vision slowly fades to black and I lose consciousness. I think of all the things I wonder about and I wonder, do humans know we’re self-conscious?

                                                                   THE END