Her velvety eyes shifted from the pen with the fuzzball on the edge to the lightly tinted paper with the faded roses on the edges, her right hand supporting her head as her pointer finger delicately tapped her defined cheekbone, thinking. I could practically see her small, painted toes gripping the soles of her faded grey Converse, her mouth curled in deep thought. I had seen this behavior from her almost every day- that is, when she decided it was right to etch her perfectly imperfect penmanship onto the letters-to-be. This was something she did often, write the letters, that is. Three for each time she wrote, to be specific. The first, to her future self, the next to her past self, and the last to her present self. Seems silly, huh? I thought so, too, until I read them. The moment I did, a wave of a whole new perspective flooded throughout my body, wracking my entire soul. I guess you could consider it eye-opening. Thinking about the first few letters, I missed her hand quickly soaring across the stationary, scribbling out her unique handwriting as the perfect words suddenly flowed to her mind. I mentally snapped with a sigh. I missed it- again! Soon enough, the bell rang, sounding the end of the school day. I heaved myself up, jumping a slight bit as I heard an eerily familiar voice softly call out my name, the syllables rolling around their mouth, as though to shape them perfectly so they sound as though they were designed just for the person to speak them together. "Elijah. Elijah? Are you okay?" My head whipped around, my eyes meeting her velvety blue ones that were twinkling with amusement, with a hint of confusion. "Huh? Yeah, I'm fine." I faltered, clearing my throat. "Why do you ask?" Her eyes glimmered with a bit of surprise. She must've bought my act. "Oh... Well, you just seemed spacey. Whenever I turned back, your eyes would flutter away." Her hands rose to the back of her head, undoing the strawberry blonde ponytail that sat there moments ago, wavy, glossy locks cascading down her shoulders, halting about halfway down her back. I shrugged it off. "Didn't mean to." I smiled at her. "Well, see ya." She returned my smile and nodded at me. "Yeah. See you tomorrow, Eli." My eyes slightly widened at the nickname, I never really got called anything other than my full name by anyone besides my mom. My grin widened, my eyes brightening slightly. "Yep. See you tomorrow, Amelia. Er... Lia?" Her eyes, twinkling like brilliant stars with amusement, had creases from her wide smile. "Sure. Lia it is."

I did not like her like that. She was simply the supplier of a secret of mine, no more, no less.

Or, so I thought.